Why am I writing tutorials??

Thread: Why am I writing tutorials??

Unhappy Why am I writing tutorials??

A couple of weeks ago I wrote some delphi tutorials, and I saw that approx. 100 members read this turorials.
    I got one or two replies on this tutorials, and I'm asking myself and you all, should I go on writing
    delphi tutorials or just stop.
    [shadow]OpenGL rules the game[/shadow]http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=499

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Not all tutorials will appeal to everyone. And not everyone will reply to a tutorial.

That doesn't mean however you should stop. There is always someone, at least one, who will benefit from what you do. And that should always be the minimum goal of a tutorial.

So. Tutor! Never stop "learned" them good!
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Why am I writing tutorials??

Originally posted here by cleanbash
    A couple of weeks ago I wrote some delphi tutorials, and I saw that approx. 100 members read this turorials.
    I got one or two replies on this tutorials, and I'm asking myself and you all, should I go on writing
    delphi tutorials or just stop.
    Short answer, NO. as MsMittens said "Not all tutorials will appeal to everyone. And not everyone will reply to a tutorial". Many people, such as myself, could be hardware / networking orientated, and it's not that I'm not interested in software, just that I'm not good at programming. I'm sure that most writers, novelists for example, don't get a letter from everyone who has read their book. I'm sure your work is appreciated by those who know about Delphi. Keep motivated, keep going, don't give up

Elite Hacker
    I asked myself the same thing when I wrote my second java tutorial. I don't know if I will write another one. I had a few replies though. I think that most people at AO don't like java and prefer c++. I just wish I knew some hardcore security or network related stuff that I could share, but I don't. I guess I'll hold off on another one until I come up with something that more people can get something out of. But in your case, if you still have things to add about something, keep writing tutorials. Who cares if no one replies. That doesn't mean they didn't like it or benefit from it.
    Just my 2

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I guess I'll hold off on another one until I come up with something that more people can get something out of. But in your case, if you still have things to add about something, keep writing tutorials. Who cares if no one replies. That doesn't mean they didn't like it or benefit from it.
    Perhaps you should follow your own advice. There are probably a few who could learn about Java. And if you want to focus on security, what about writing secure code for that particular language? Security means you understand how something works to the fullest so you know what to protect. While what you might not write isn't about security directly, it may help someone figure out how to deal with something.

Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Not to point out the obvious, but there is always @ least one person who profits from a tutorial being written, and that is the author. With each and every tutorial I've ever written, I have learned from and solidified what I already know on the subject -- forever etching the finer points in my head, so keep writing them, someone else might appreciate it too, who knows? lol

Star****ers|Inc

Elite Hacker
    Perhaps you should follow your own advice.
    Good point. I was thinking about that when I wrote the post. I'm sure I'll write another java tutorial, but it might be a while. I want to learn more about it so I can make it the perfect tutorial.