Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hijacking IE6

hijacking IE6

Sorry, if this seems lame. But I'm having this problem with a web that set it's self as my home page. I which spybot doesn't seem to catch. And for some reason when I try to download adware or regcleaner. It's shuts down my browser. (WinXP) and McAffee doesn't catch it either both with update dat files. This is driving my wife crazy and I'm tired of hearing her *&((&^ about it. How can I get rid of this problem and prevent it in the future.

Also I tried editing the registry that didn't help either. An I delete it out of the reg but I see it's not completely gone. Thanks in advance

I think this is might be your looking for:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=250428
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

It could also be that you have a Trojan on your system.
    A wild guess would be this one: Trojan.Byteverify: http://securityresponse.symantec.com...yteverify.html.

Although, I havent heard that this trojan shuts down any browsers.

Try the recommendations listed in the above link: boot up in safe mode and do a full system scan.

Tip of the day: You should always boot up into safe mode when dealing with virii removal

Later

/Vigge
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

Ok first thing why don't you just change the home page back. Go to Control panel and then Network and Internet connections. click on internet options and then change it to whatever site you want. I say try deleting you Temp files most Adware and **** like that places itself into your Temp files. Delete you cache also.

Now I am going to need more info to help you uninstall it, I have no idea what is doing this so I need more info do you know what the file is called.

If not do a search around and see if you see any programs that you don't remember installing. Check it and then delete it if it is the one your looking for.

Next I recommend that you get a Registry controling program that edits your registry and controls any changes that happens.

Besides that, go to a friends computer and download a program that can delete it. and just take the disk to your and install.

Any questions Post or Pm me

use norton regscaner scan the registry ,and the fix it with the help of inbuilt registry builder then try it may help !!!

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar

Thumbs up

Sorry, if this seems lame. But I'm having this problem with a web that set it's self as my home page. I which spybot doesn't seem to catch. And for some reason when I try to download adware or regcleaner. It's shuts down my browser. (WinXP) and McAffee doesn't catch it either both with update dat files. This is driving my wife crazy and I'm tired of hearing her *&((&^ about it. How can I get rid of this problem and prevent it in the future.
    Sounds like to me either you have spyware or malware on your system. What I would do is

1.) Set the home page go to tools, internet options in the address bar delete whatever is in there, then replace it with www.anysite.com then press enter on your keyboard, or go straight to OK.

2.)Download the Latest Patches & Services Packs for Internet Explorer 6.

3) Unistall and Reinstall Internet Explorer 6. try downloading crazybrowser from www.crazybrowser.com or mozilla. (optional)

You should also try flushing the DNS using ipconfig/flushdns to do this go to start, run type in command or cmd this brings up the command prompt type in ipconfig/flushdns when itsd done it will say successfully flushed the DNS resolvers. Type exit after that close all programs that are open on your system. Totally shutdown your system and leave it off for 20 seconds(Known as a cold reboot). Turn it back on, get back online issue resolved. Hope this helps ComputerNerd22

Reinstall\format the ****! =P =) Muahaha
    [gloworange]Thor Valø[/gloworange]
    74 68 65 65 6f 6e

theeon, reformatting is an extreme last resort, or if you have been "owned" by a RAT or Bot.

This looks like a simple hijack? so most likely does not require such drastic measures.

http://www.winpatrol.com Use WinPatrol to look at what is starting up on your machine, cookies and stuff.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/index.html Use hijack this to see what is running on your machine. Be careful, only delete what you can see is malware. The entries will be at the top "R0" is your main page, "R1" etc. are other IE values.

Http://www.wilderssecurity.net You want SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard.

EDIT: http://www.diamoncs.com.au Get "Autostart Viewer" v1.3

It looks as if it is defending itself, if it stops you downloading some security software, although this might be something else.

Good luck

And for some reason when I try to download adware or regcleaner. It's shuts down my browser. (WinXP) and McAffee doesn't catch it either both with update dat files.
    sounds like trojan to me.You are better off reinstalling your McAffee.

It normally would stop you from installing adware but its curious that it blocks you from downloading ! Does it do the same if you download other files.

I'll advice you to patch your windows XP first

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Dr_Evil

Simple stopgap solution, untill you id prog and remove it. Spybot S&D (which you said you have) has an option to lock your homepage to whatever it is set on, stopping a hyjack or an operator from changing it. Change the homepage to what ever you want and set this option in Spybot and it should stay the same. Then you can take your time and find out what was causing it, without your wife b*&%^*ing about it.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown