Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Product activation glitch hits Symantec

Product activation glitch hits Symantec

lol @ Symantec!

http://news.com.com/2100-7355_3-5099...l?tag=nefd_top

Some of the 1.2 million customers that have installed software maker Symantec's latest Norton PC security package have been unable to use the software because of new antipiracy technology, the company confirmed Thursday.
    ISS you are the besthttp://www.issadvisor.com/images/personal/pisson.gifbecause you piss on the rest

[gloworange]www.issadvisor.com [/gloworange]

Lets wait and see how this backfires at them for trying to make the same thing microsoft did. If they whant to stop piracy there other ways, bucause by puting more cryto and passwords,locks serial # and that kind of stuff there is always someone thats going to find the algorithm or way to avoid registration,or wath ever type of "lock" it has.

It is a good thing I have not gone out and got it yet, I will wait a few more months and what happends with it.

uh...symantec...
    one comment only:
    Peter Norton is dead.[?)
    Industry Kills Music.

I have the new Norton Internet Security 2004, and had no problems with it. However I still have the 2003 edition and still plan on using it as I can just uninstall the reinstall to have my subscription renewed.
    =

Same here chey.. I do that with 2001.. I just spend an hour downloading all the newest updates and bang... I'm on top of the world...

/me pretends to Leo Di'Caprio in Titanic...
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

That may work for a while but virus writters are getting smarter and smarter so eventually that version of norton will fail to detect them. at least that is what I think will happen

yeah it works great for me.

I mean, I don't want to pay these people 40 bucks everytime I want AV definitions.

/edit

Does anyone see a yellow box flashing on my avatar? it flashes after he bangs his head 2 times?
    =

I renewed my subscription for Norton Internet 2003 Security just 5 hours ago....
    Why the f**k couldt I had read this thread 5 hours and 1 minute ago...
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

Originally posted here by DeadAddict
    That may work for a while but virus writters are getting smarter and smarter so eventually that version of norton will fail to detect them. at least that is what I think will happen
    If my old version, which is automatically updated to the newest version, fails.. your new version will too since I get the exact same updates you get... so it doesn't matter....

And chey.. I don't see a box...
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]