boot camps!?!??!

Thread: boot camps!?!??!

boot camps!?!??!

does n e one know of a really good and less expensive boot camp? i am looking into getting my A+, network+ and MCSE. I am also a student so is there a way that i can get a cheaper fare. like a program from a school or something.

If a buy a book on A+ cert and read it what would be the chances of my passing it is it a easy test?
    Im a newb i know

Over here we have Colchester MCTC.....a real boot camp for newbies?

Sorry, it is Halloween...........and that would be the "trick" bit

Have a good one

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    MCSE is no longer a paper exam. You really have to know the material to pass (and you need strong hands on). A+ is, I believe, still an fairly straightforward exam. Mike Meyer's All-in-One book is considered the best for that. Never did Network+ so I can't say.

I'd check your own city out. I suspect there would be places that offer boot camps. Look for the local city computer paper (I think most major cities have something like this). Boot camps are ok but it's better to have a good understanding of things for long term benefit. Visit a local community college. Often they will have decent and not too expensive courses. And sometimes you can get financial assistance or tax credits for taking them.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

A+ and Network+, if you have any knowladge of computers go with a dumies book and the braindumps you should pass with no problems. MCSE is a littel trickyer, question do you want to learn any thing or just get teh cert. If you just want the ert, memorize the brain dumps its far cheaper, if you want to learn, don't go to the bootcamps they are certmills look at the local comunity college that may be your best bet, or perhaps a true university...the best way to learn this is on the job, but its hard to get a position with out the certs. If you go with a book for the MCSE make sure it comes with a copy of 2k and 2k server. Oh and you may want to look into the MCSA (microsoft certified system administrator) its two fewer tests then the MCSE and all of the test count towards the MCSE (and a+ network+ count towards it). Htat may get your foot in the door while you work on the MCSE.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

i want to learn my MCSE but the A+ and the networking plusi think i can pass right know i know almost everything about computer hardware and networking. so i think i will just book cram those. MCSA counts toward your MCSE testing? so that means you will only have to take the other too test to get the MCSE?
    Im a newb i know