Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is probly a dumb question but i need a little help

This is probly a dumb question but i need a little help

ok i was j/w if anyone new away for me to recover my password to get to the setup from the boot screen if so plz help me but like i this is more than likely a dumb question but the only whay to learn is to ask or reshearch and already tried google but it is no help, o'yea i am runing WinME

Banned
    password to get to the setup
    what setup? do you mean BIOS? and what password, did you set-up a boot password in BIOS and fogot it ?

It sounds like you need to get into the CMOS setup. The password can be bypassed three ways, although 2 are the same thing. Some BIOS have a backdoor password. Search on google for it. If not, open the case, remove the battery you see for about 20 minutes. Replace the battery and reboot. The BIOS will have reverted to default settings. No passwords. You will have to input the HD and CD settings, although for the most part they can be autodetected. Only problem with this is that you lose all of the tweaking you may have don within the setup program. There may also be a jumper on the motherboard that will do the same thing as removing the battery, but if you didn't know how to do this to begin with, I wouldn't advise playing with jumpers.

Almost forgot, there are suppost to be software programs out there that can pull your BIOS passwords, assuming that you only have a setup password and not a boot password. Just www.google.com for them.

Hope that helps.

BTW, your best bet is to just remember the damn password. It's alot easier that way.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

i know what the password was but someone changed the damn thing and yes it is only the setup that has a password

What you might try is searching for a program that extracts BIOS passwords, I know they're out there. There may even be one in the AO archive.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

also, you can reset the BIOS, using a jumper on the motherboard, if you still have your mother board manual, give it a look see, and find the jumper change it over for a few seconds then, put the jumper back to its original position. BAM! everything is set back to defualt, and there should be no password, hope that helps, if you can't find the motherboard manal, just try poppin the battery out for a few seconds (there is indeed a battery on the motherboard), then pop it back into place, that should reset everything to defualt.
    speak your mind becuase those who matter don\'t mind and those who mind don\'t matter

Banned
    what the **** , who assigned him positive antipoints, he just repeated what D0pp139an93r said . This is such bullshit.

not sure
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

did you also notice that D0pp139an93r has only assigned negitive points! BTW it wasn't me
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    Problem Solved. The person who assigned him Antipoints PM'ed me and said he/she didn't see that D0pp139an93r posted the same stuff. Also to all newbies, repeating and/or rephrasing what other say or write is just lame, just like unusefull one-line posts. Try not to do that except in GCC and in such threads as the "non-sensical thread" there you can post whatever bullshit you want. Thank you.

and Tedob:

did you also notice that D0pp139an93r has only assigned negitive points! BTW it wasn't me.
    Thats because he doesnt have enough Positive AntiPoints and his assigments have no value (grey dots) , when his point get some value the arrow status will change below his username.