SUSE installation Help

Thread: SUSE installation Help

SUSE installation Help

Hi. i just downloaded Suse in this computer, its a friends computer that is running win xp home i wanted to make him go to the Green side. i didn't downloaded the iso images. what i downloaded is the folder for suse in ftp://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/d...suse/i386/8.2/ and whe i try to burn in to a cd the files give a total of more than 1 gig, so i would like to know what files do i need to put in 1 cd and what other in other cd o wht files should i left back. i have installed suse before i all the versions that i have installed i have pay for them so they came already in cds just ready to install and i'm like 1000 miles away from my house so, going to my room and getting the disks in not an option.

i really apreciate your help

Elite Hacker
    You could just set up an ftp server with that directory accessible and install via ftp. I tried to do this once, but it was taking way too long to download all the files from the directory. This is just a suggestion. I'm sure someone else has a real solution of the files that you want so that you can put them on cdrom. I have tried the ftp install many times and only have done it successfully twice. It seems to freeze during certain parts. But if you set up your own close to where you live, or maybe even on the same network, it should go a lot quicker. This is assuming you have a cable/dsl modem(which you should to download the contents of the folder from ftp). If you don't get your cdrom solution and want to know more about the ftp option PM me.

edit
    Are you installing it on the computer which you downloaded it to. Then I believe you could install from the harddisk.

this computers seems to be having windows problems also, alot of illegal operations and that kind of BS and he doesn't have the recovery cd. so what we wanted to do is burn the folder and boot up with the cd and screw win xp home and installing my favorite Suse.
    i'm using nero burning rom 5. something does anybody knows if i can make a cd and let it know that if the files that aren't in that cd may be in other one and ask for a 2nd cd ? ? just like when youre installing suse from cd's ? ? ?

Thanks foir your fast reply h3r3tic

GrApHiCTrOn with 166 posts you've been here long enough to know that this forum is for question about the site itself
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

shame on me, it's just because i didn't think that this could fit in to *nix security.
    AntiOnline: How Do I?install or burn suse into cds or What Is? the name of the files i could left out.

Sorry i'm not trying to be an smart a*s but i'm kind of frustrated