Thread: Hey! Newbie needs html help plz...

Exclamation Hey! Newbie needs html help plz...

First off, thanks for reading this. I need help with finding out how I would code an HTML chat room and message board.
    Thanks for any help.

You'd need to incorporate a variety of Java Script and other advanced HTML options to do that... I suggest heading over to VBulliten (sp?) and getting a free one... or some other premade one..
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

Actually you can hardly do anything like that with just HTML and/or Javascript as both are just run on the client side.
    You need something that runs on the server side, like for example PHP or ASP.
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

And, you have to have some way to store the data, index it and search it. Some use MySQL, some use MS SQL. Depends on how deep your pockets are.

And, you have to have some way to store the data, index it and search it. Some use MySQL, some use MS SQL. Depends on how deep your pockets are.
    not always can be done with php and a txt file - seen ones done in flash like that but i agree unless your willing to spend alot fo time learning different languages and then making it your prolly better getting one of those prebuilt ones but your gonna have to put up with adverts more than likly......

v_Ln