Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is someoen trying to hack my site or spoof the dNS?

is someoen trying to hack my site or spoof the dNS?

Hello all

dont know if anyone can help me im a bit new to this thing

ve got a site which also has around 7 other domains pointing to it

e.g i got

mysite.com,net,org,co.uk and
    mysites.com,net,org,co.uk

now thing is mysite.com,net,org,co.uk &&
    mysite(s).,net,org,co.uk all has one IP address

however mysite(s).com has a different IP to the others

now all of them are on parked domain pointing to the same thing

all has same ip address except for one that that one domain is the main domain people use to access the website

a) is this normal to have different IP

or is someoen trying to spoof or hack my site or something

any help wud be greatly appreciated

thanks

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    When you go to the main site at the different IP address do you see your site?

Who manages your DNS?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hi

When i go to the main site of my site yup i see exactly the same thing as im suppose to see but things are not functioning well such as images..i think it has something to do with the hotlink protection

my site is hosted with iddrive.com Webhosting company and DNS and name Servers i have registered with enom.com and i manage them myself last time i checked enom name servers they were all correct and all

Run an nslookup against your domain to see what it is resolving to. (go to the command prompt, type nslookup <enter> then type your domain name and it will return the resolution(s) for that name).

I would be a bit worried by the missing graphics. Can you get someone on a different machine somewhere else to look at it for you to see what it shows? Are the graphics missing on the same machine when you visit the other sites?

Is the "odd" IP address in the same netblock as the rest or is it "miles" away?
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hi There!

Thanks for that..

the .com IP resolves to :

the rest of the domains resolves to

the .com graphics every single picture is missing however when i go to the .co.uk or the .net then the graphix are all there!!!
    thanks
    s

You're hosting/controlling through CPanel right? Because HTTP requests to both addresses bring me to a CPanel page indicating that the same company is carrying both addresses.

Neither address has working Reverse DNS but that would be messed up if they all share the same one.

Tracerts indicate that they are in the same general vicinity up to a point but they branch off at Dallas with the 66 address going off to Washington, (I believe), while the 216 pops off to San Francisco. One netblock is interserver in New Jersey, the 216 netblock is owned by PhatServers in San Diego. Does any of this info ring a bell with you?

It is apparent that the sites are geographically separate but with modern Internet commerce and hosting etc. that might not be too surprising.

I'd go and see when my DNS records were last updated.

Does anyone else appreciate the irony of such a post by someone calling themself "Siteprosecurity."

hahahahahahaha

2pumpChump

Having examined one or two of your posts, I would suggest that the latter part of your name is entirely appropriate.

Read the Site's first page.........................if it is too far beyond your intellect................

Originally posted here by 2pumpChump
    Does anyone else appreciate the irony of such a post by someone calling themself "Siteprosecurity."

hahahahahahaha
    hm, now that you mention it..

Originally posted by 2pumpChump
    NT is l33t f00l
    You are a bunch of elitist dorks. You should create a new forum, where you can all go stroke each others egos. (And cocks)
    Why is almost every post on AntiOnline a link to someone elses work/writings/code/etc.? Can't anyone of you come up with an original thought of your own?

Here's an idea! Why don't you all get together and patent the lift system you're using to elevate LAME to unprescedented new heights. I'm sure you'll make a fortune.
    Why yes. Yes i do.
    Now heres an idea, how about *you* shut the **** up and stop putting legitimate members/contributors of the AO community down. They have done nothing to you, so why do you make it your mission to upset them? Does it improve your ego?

I really cant wait till the day you ask a question on these boards. Maybe then you will see that heartless ****s like yourself can be hurtful, as well as annoying.

Nihil: Either you are Chump or this is way too spooky....

you wrote:-

one or two of your posts, I would suggest that the latter part of your name is entirely appropriate
    Last night at about 5:00pm EST I negged him with:-

Well.... The two posts I have seen from you today so far indicate that the chump part of your name is accurate.....
    So.... Are you Chump.... Or are you simply as messed up as me?????