We all rant and rave about keeping boxes clean of spyware and all the other nasties that are out there. Many folks, inlcluding people within your own organization, typically see you as the little boy/girl who cries wolf all the time. Usually, your requests are ignored.

I have a friend who works for a very popular on-line lottery site (name not important) and he is my eyes and ears into the dirty game of spyware and data mining. If anyone at your organization thinks you are crying wolf, show them the information I'm about to share with you.

I asked my buddy about the amount of cash that is being kicked around and I was shocked when I saw his response. I will give you the unedited direct quote so you wont lose the shock value:

"The search bar we distribute here in our comapny generates 5-6MM a month with alomst 40% of that dropping to the bottom line. It's ****ing insane how this thing is blowing up."

Yes, these people are looking to whore you in any way they can.

This is just a little eye opener for those who don't know how much money is at stake and why these people go to such lengths to plant code on your machines. Be sure to show this to the dumdums who think that you are just another paranoid security person.