Thread: Proccecers

Proccecers

Once again i am decking out a new Computer (from scratch)...i need suggestions...(money isnt an issue)

What it the best/ fastest:
    Proceccer
    video/sound card
    OS
    Anti Virus software
    And everything in between.

Thnx

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Proccecers

Originally posted here by IrIsHASSasIN
    Once again i am decking out a new Computer (from scratch)...i need suggestions...(money isnt an issue)
    What it the best/ fastest:
    Proceccer
    video/sound card
    OS
    Anti Virus software
    And everything in between.
    Thnx
    If you've completed your last project, then you should have no problems. You have been down this road before.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=249467

IrIsHASSasIN

These questions will always arise due to changes in technology?.................I therefore think that it is perfectly OK to bring them up again?

One member posted about the new Intel chip.............a 3.2Ghz Xeon, badged as a domestic chip..............I WANT ONE!!!! I am not sure when they are supposed to be around, but they will have a 2Mb level3 on die cache...........price was just under $1,000..............no idea on MoBos. Memory and stuff will also change........but if you are going to build one like mine, you will have to be patient? ...........a XEON will slaughter anything in the marketplace within range of us mere mortal's budgets

I already have an XP3200 I have not used for anything yet, and I am watching the RAM offerings. MoBos seem to be the weak link at the moment?.............I guess I will use an Intel based MoBo/chipset with the new processor? Maybe the wife can use the XP3200?

Interesting post

Cheers

Are we talking about gaming or is this gonna be for a server???

I'd suggest going with Intels New chip coming out that uses a xeon chip if this is going to be a gaming machine. But if you are looking for a server, then I'd go with the Athlon FX 64 bit processors. However to take full advantage of a 64 bit processor you must have an OS that will use 64bits. Windows is developing a 64 bit version of Xp but I don't think its out yet. I would suggest going with *nix.
    =

If you are looking for server performance, the Xeons with hyperthreading rock. I just took delivery on two dual 3.02 gHz systems we will be using to replace aging Pentium III Xeon systems.

If you want a Xeon, look for a MoBo that can handle it. You need a 533 mHz front side bus.

Best price/fast

Proceccor: Pentium 4 2.4 Gz at FSB800
    Motherboard: Asus P4 (supporting FSB800)
    video: Gforce fx5600 Ultra
    Anti Virus software: Norton antivirus 2004

Re: Re: Proccecers

Originally posted here by jm459

If you've completed your last project, then you should have no problems. You have been down this road before.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=249467
    Yes..but the last one wasnt very good..i didnt put much effort into it

to awnser a question...it will be mostely for Gaming......some draftig will e thrown in there..

AO French Antique News Whore
    Processor : The best ratio Price/Fast
    MotherBoard (Invest Money in there, it's worth it)
    Video : Mostly Personnal Choose but my eyes are all over ATI Radeon 9600 Pro or EVEN better, the Ati All-in-Wonder Radeon 9600 Pro!
    Ram : I HIGHLY suggest 1GO of Ram.. Might not be use at full capacity now but it'll worth it later!

Good Luck
    -Simon \"SDK\"

k...thnx...