Thread: Need C Coders for my MUD!

Need C Coders for my MUD!

NaN
    Last edited by Zetaphor; February 19th, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
    3 Easy Steps To Fixing Windows (Permanently!)
    1) Insert Linux Installation CD (Any Distro)
    2) Read Included Documentation on \"Installing\"
    3) Install Linux

HAH! Someone actually posts a thread worth something and it gets negged. How typical. Zetaphor, I suggest taking this question to www.rentacoder.com or www.experts-exchange.com. There you will find real professionals, not rejects with a mediocre knowlege of search engines and no talent.

A good free compiler for windows is djgpp. gcc does come with cygwin but not the default install, it's quite a task to get it working sometimes so unless you absolutely need a linux environment to compile and can't use linux through dual boot or on another machine somehow it's usually not worth the hassle.

If the bugs are compiler errors then write down the error and the section of code it's happening in and there might be a quick fix, but if it's something a little more complicated like a logical error in the code then hopefully someone else has the time to help, I'm quite busy with midterms and assignments right now.

[edit]Ah I just saw the errors, when the program crashes does it spit out an error log anywhere? That would be very helpful in seeing if the problem is an indexing problem, parsing problem, or perhaps something entirely different.[/edit]
    Reality is the one who has it wrong, not you

The first one seems to have a problem with a declaration somewhere, the second is you're trying to compile a makefile, there's no source in there you should have a program called make in that same directory, that's what you want to use. So something like this:

C:\BORLAND\BCC55\BIN>make C:\CIRCLE\SRC\MAKEFILE.BCC

I haven't used Borland in a long time so I can't tell you how this make works or if that is in fact the right name for it, but give it a shot.
    Reality is the one who has it wrong, not you