Matrix
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matrix

Question Matrix

with the upcoming release of the matrix, i just started thinking...what language is the matrix written in? really makes you think.....

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

english, no thinking needed.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Would you like some sugar with that gov'na

No thanks, I'm sweet enough already.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Maybe he meant the things flowing across the bacgroudn on their computer screens. You know the green things. lol
    =

Considering that the matrix (not the show, but the matrix in the show) was written by machines (computers if you will), I would think that it would be in machine code. ***tongue in cheek***
    And if you were talking about the screen play, it was probably translated from Americanish into some thing approching English. ***cough-sarcasm-cough***
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Let's look at the language requirements :

1. No graphical interface needed - just a broom-handle interface

2. Very quick and easy to change ( e.g. the trap laid near the end of film 1 )

3. It has nearly 100% uptime and availability.

So far, not like any language I have ever dealt with.

4. Easy to hack into

5. Has inherent failings ( see film 2 ) - analagous to memory leaks, that are cumulative, and require occasional reboot.

6. Is generally represented in an incoherent way to any but the initiates.

Now this is sounding more and more like a MS language.

Of course, it should be written in COBOL, then it would work much better ........

Hmm well how many different languages are there...
    Me does a quick little calculation and get's stumped after the first equation.
    Ok fine maths ain't my best subject but the point is, why don't that have this it's quick. And it's simple.

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SUX!

Gee that's what my screen saver says, quick and easy to make..
    And you can even choose the colour and Font of the lettering..
    Me smiles with satisfaction of my work of art..

But seriously it would be interesting to see what they do use..
    Maybe they will just use the same as the previous movie, or maybe they will use the WOW factor and do something creative yet easy on the eyes..
    All i know is that i'll probably not go and see the movie until it comes out for sale on DVD.
    Because i'm a tight ass when it comes to going to the Movies...

Peace

Talk about WOW factor. I saw the first one without any indication to the plot and when Nemo took the pill, I freaked out with amazement at the twist in plot. This movie is opening at the exact same time all across the planet. Pretty amazing, it has already showed here. Out time was 7am.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

They use what apears to be a binary-esque reader when looking at the matrix, there is more then 16 different signs, this leads us to believe they have somthing not-binary.
    Hi.

I don't know what the language is called, but it's the same stuff I type when I am up til 2-3 in the morning trying to get a paper done! I think it's from the Inca monkey god that talks to me then.
    \"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?\"
    -Juvenal