Thread: will my email get farmed by mailbots??

will my email get farmed by mailbots??

Hi now that I've registered--is my email address going to get farmed by more mailbots? I hate getting that swen mail......good to find this place though...
    \"\'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?\"

I don't believe you will get any spam from AO having your e-mail address. I never have, although I seem to get enough spam for any 12 other people, it is not security related.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

You won't get any e-mail from this site unless the email notification box is checked when you post a reply in a thread and Use 'Email Notification' by default is set to no in the site options and Hide Email Address set to yes

You pretty much just get mail notifying you that you have a reply from a thread

Good Luck

Welcome To AnTiOnLiNe

yup, I used a specific email address for signing up here a while back, and I get zero spam to it. AO has been really good about that.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Do not give your email when you signed a guestbook online.
    You will be targeted by mailbots & Nigerian Scums.

If you have web site, use form as a form of contating you instead of giving your email.

cheers guys....and hey shakira--not all us nigerian brothers are scum ;-) I actually have access to a fund worth billions...only joking...how's good old covent garden these days--miss London like crazy....
    \"\'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?\"