Thread: Sneaky Apps Attack

Sneaky Apps Attack

My advise to anyone is to simply try another web browser such as Opera Or Mozilla, but the best defense is to watch where you surf, and to keep your protective apps up-to-date. [ Antivirus,Firewall,Ad-Aware etc ... ]

Spywareguide.com offers a "Block List File" download, which changes a few Windows Registry settings to disable many aggresive self-installers.[ Make sure you back-up your registry.]

Here's the link to the site
    http://www.spywareguide.com

Here's the link to where you can download the Block List File
    http://www.spywareguide.com/blockfile.php

This site also contains a huge list of spyware programs that are out there, a list of categories [ ex.Browser Plug-in,Dialer etc ...], also a list of companies which produce this type of stuff..

Also check out this site ..
    http://www.bbxtechnologies.com

quote's from website::

BBX Technologies provides next generation intrusion prevention software that inoculates the Windows operating system against viruses, trojan horses, worms, mobile malicious code, spyware, sandbox-aware malware, unauthorized software installs and modifications, software tunneling and other malware.

BBX's technology is based on a deceptively simple premise: Rather than try to identify every threat by name, BBX instead views threats from a higher level and focus on executable applications. By preventing the unauthorized introduction of executables, BBX prevents malware intrusions.

ImmuneEngine monitors all operations of the Windows kernel, including the memory stack, mouse activity and keyboard activity, tracking what program or user is performing operations and what operations are being performed. The software monitors all file creation input/output operations performed by the operating system and extends a defensive shield around the entire Windows environment to protect system files, the registry, all operating system files.

When ImmuneEngine detects the writing of an unauthorized executable, it automatically deletes the unauthorized file. If an unauthorized executable is launched or if an existing executable starts misbehaving and violating security policy, ImmuneNetwork pushes it off the program stack. If protected systems files have been damaged or if protected portions of the registry have been modified, ImmuneEngine restores protected files and registry segments to their original pre-intrusion state, and generates a detailed forensic report for the network administrator. An extension feature of ImmuneServer, Extend Shield™, offers this class of protection to static data of web information on a web server.

end quote's ::

This program sounds quite interesting ... has anyone tried it before ???
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Sounds like it would be annoying as hell unless you configured everything just right, then it just sounds like an advaced Black Ice.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:

ImmuneEngine monitors all operations of the Windows kernel, including the memory stack, mouse activity and keyboard activity, tracking what program or user is performing operations and what operations are being performed.
    I might have a problem with that bit?

Might not comply with terms & conditions of employment over here in Europe?

For something a little less intrusive the offerings from Finjan might be an alternative.

I am also with Lansing_Banda, in that it is rather complex and may be difficult to maintain in a stable condition.

just my £0.02

Ahh very informative that was Agent..
    Thanks for the imformation feed i enjoyed every minute of reading that, and the links helped me understand it..
    So thanks and
    Cheers

Yeah it does sound kinda complex to setup. But I was still wondering if anyone has ever used the product before ??
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam