Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ip spoofing

WELL YOU DO KNOW THAT HACKERS NORMALLY DO THAT KIND OF STUFF JUST FOR FUN, BUT IF YOU KNOW THIS PERSON CHANSES ARE THAT HE DID THIS BECAUSE OF A DISAGREMENT YOU MIGHT OF HAD AND HE PROBABLY COPYED ALL THE FILES FIRST, SO IF YOU MAKE AMENDS HE MIGHT HAVE THE FILES FOR YOU TO LOAD BACK ONTO YOU HARD DRIVE.

REMEMBER RETALIATION IS NOT THE KEY
    How can we open the eyes of the dead when we ourselves are hollow.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Remember.. YELLING ISN'T EITHER!! (Ok. So I'm ol' school internet.. so byte me)

Please rip out your caps key.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

LOL Sorry MsMittens I was just trying to stress the point that wile revenge is sweet it is not the action you should take.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ok. So I'm ol' school internet.. so byte me
    Ms. M: You look so demure and proper in your photograph..... ROFL..... Nice one....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Look i did not know all caps at this sight is considered yelling and is takin as offense,so i repeat again sorry

Originally posted here by crypticgod
    Look i did not know all caps at this sight is considered yelling and is takin as offense,so i repeat again sorry
    Using all caps at just about any site will be considered yelling and people will take offence. Just keep that in mind and everything will be fine.

Cheers:
    DjM

crypticgod, relax.

It's fine. You apologized. Life goes on.

But be aware that it's not just this site. This is an actual RFC Guideline:

http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
    ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1855.txt <--- seems slow and cranky today. Might want to use the first link.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Hi all,

I am the 'alledged' attacker.

I have been watching this topic for quite some time as the link was sent to me by one of Tony's "Squad Mates"

Here are a couple of missing 'items'

- Here is the full 'document' (with images) that would add a little more clarity. http://www.21stcc.biz/streak/Statement.doc

- I am on dial-up and it takes an age to upload, download or delete anything using CuteFTP, so if I did delete the information by highlighting the top level folders containing the files and 'hitting delete', then 18 minutes is not unfeasible.

- When playing in a DF2 match I disable everything (AV, FW etc) less for the 'game', to maximise the machine's potential and that of my 33K Con. Disabling these 'extras' improves the quality of the game and has been a practice that I have employed for 4 years. A practice I hasten to add that I no longer employ.

- I have no programing or hacking experience, however, I do have more than the average Joe's knowledge when it comes to the run of the mill matters. In reality you have only been presented with one side of the story.

I may/may not have been 'spoofed', 'Zombied' or actually setup by Tony or even one of his 'team mates' and I may have even done it myself either intentionally or unintentionally. One thing is certain though, and that is no matter what people read or say, the recipient will see what they want to see and make their own mind up accordingly. As has been the case in 'our community'.

Those that chose to believe I did it, believe that.

Those that chose not to believe I did it, believe this instead.

Suffice to say that the Password and the account details were given to me several times not just once when Tony was incapable of conducting the tasks himself.

There is more than an elemet of 'reasonable doubt' surounding the entire 'saga' and it comes down to a view on standpoint.

Neither I, nor anyone else from our comunity possesses sufficient expertise to class themselves as 'professional' in hacking or these types of matters, hence how it 'drifted on the wind' until it landed here.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility or probability that I did it, and it is also not beyond the realms of possibility or probability that I didn't.

Here's a hypothetical scenario. How hard would it be for a 3rd party, who knew my IP address, knew I had access to the server webspace in question, and also knew the password and account details themselves, to set me up for this?

I have found this a rivetting read, and I thank those from outside of 'our community' for their posts and their answers. One thing is most definitely for certain though and that is I will not be accepting invitations to assist these people again in the future. It leaves you wide open for abuse as you immediately become the 'FBI/CIA/MI6's No. 1 subject'.

Thanks and kindest regards

Steve

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You online game on a 33.6 connection....... And you take this stuff seriously....... ROFL......

Steve.... You were being petulent, you were drunk, you weren't paying attention and you tried to lie your way out of the situation.

As my Drill Sergeant used to say to me......

"If you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary.... Between **** and syphilis"

Get a different ISP, get high speed for god's sake....... If it ends up costing you more it might make you pay attention, be less petulent and stay a little more sober when doing questionable things to anyone's computer.... Put it down to a learning experience.......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

How hard would it be for a 3rd party, who knew my IP address, knew I had access to the server webspace in question, and also knew the password and account details themselves, to set me up for this?

It wouldn't be easy unless they used a trojan and then removed it afterwards.