"family"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "family"

"family"

Its the time of year when families come together. Yet, its a time of grievence for myself. I have lost 3 grandparents in the last three years. My grandmother 2 years ago a week before Christmas. My grandfather a week after Thanksgiving last year and my other grandfather a couple days ago. I hope everyone takes time to think about the families members they have lost and never let them fade away.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    There is nothing , probably I, or anyone else could say , to take away the pain and sorrow you must have, especially at this time of year, but I am sure you are not alone, as no doubt many members of AO have lost loved ones over the past year, myself included. I personally did not have the benefit of knowing any of my Granparents, so at least you have something to remember. Don't forget, but life must go on, and the best we can do is offer up each good day in memory of the ones whom we loved and are gone, hopefully to a better place

jm
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Also, be grateful you have such fond memories for your family. Some of us dont have those!
    Always remember, memories are better than nothing! I ENVY you...not even google could help you with emotional problems

Better to have been a "has been" than a "never was", better to live and love the present to create a happy future, than to grieve for a past you can never change!!!

I feel your grief, I lost my father a few months ago. I think about him constantly. We really didn't talk much, but I always knew he was there for me. This is going to be the first Christmas without him. I know it's going to be hard on my family. At least I have AntiOnline. It is a place that I can visit anytime I want to, and be surrounded by (mostly) kind and caring people. People who share the same love of technology that I do. There are people who know more than I do about technology, and people who know less. But we all share our knowledge freely. AO has been a sort of support center for me over the last few months. I never really talked about the loss of my father online, but I felt comforted being around like-minded people who judged me only by my words.

The internet is a huge place full of possibilities. There are things that can help, and also things that can hurt. I use AO to exchange knowledge and ideas with people. I use email to keep in touch with family. And I use video-conferencing to keep in touch with my 17 month old daughter. Her mother helps of course.

I think I'm starting to babble. I'll close this post by saying this. Don't forget the people you lost, but don't let them consume you. Remember that they will always be with you in your heart. And always remember that there are living people who care about you, and will be there for you if you need them. I lost my Father, but his picture sits on my desk, right next to me. I can talk to him whenever I need to. Family never truly leaves us. We shouldn't think about their deaths, we should think about their lives.

Happy holidays.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Banned
    I love you guys, my online family. I personally knew only one grandmother she dies when i was 8 . But i lost many members and friends in the muslim/Catholic/Serbian war in Bosnia.

Always remember, memories are better than nothing!
    Im always better

It's nice to be able to talk to people freely, without worrying about age biases, discrimination, religion or anything. I also knew only one grandmother, no grandfathers, not really any aunts and uncles only a great aunt and uncle, and I guess I COULD try to get to know some of my cousins, but to tell you the truth: they aren't really worth knowing

I HATE shallow people, people who judge people by the outside and not whats in your head. Reminds me of the Hacker's Manifesto Sorry to bring that up but I will always consider myself the youngest of the old generation hackers lol.
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

Banned
    We were never close but my original Grandad, murdered.
    My other Grand parents... we aren't really talking due to some issues.
    A friend of mine, car accedent.
    Another friend just moved to florida so I won't be seeing him much.
    Another friend, bike accedent... dead now.
    Another friend, in a hospital.
    The rest of my friends have either moved or are dead.
    Uncle, in and out of jail.
    Another uncle has various cancers all over his body.
    Another Uncle I haven't heard much from... last I heard he was in jail.
    Dad works night shift and mom works days so hanging out with them is almost like being around a devorced couple though they are aren't and they both get along ok.
    And here I am walking around without a GED or anything with no plans for the future what so ever. I hate it when family comes over and asks what I plan to do cause I really don't know.

But it all probably doesn't hurt me as much as it should as I have never really been close to anyone. But if anyone... I get along with my grandma so I can really hear where ya comeing from and stuff man.

I was raised by my Grandmother since I was 10 years old. She was the world to me, the only one I could talk to or open up to. The rest of my family is starting to come together after years of separation, but it feels like they are "strangers" more than family. I'm just afraid I may lose my mother. She has cancer and a brain tumor. Its hard to be around her when she is sick and goes into siezures, but I don't want to seem like I am avoiding her because she is sick. It is just really hard for me to watch this happen.

Griefing don't go away overnight. It take time even years. Cherish memories that you have
    that what helps me I lost my first grandson 10 years ago. I have no pictures of him the only memory i have of him is that i got to hold and kiss good bye. i cherish that deeply.
    Back in March of this year i lost my nephew to suicide This is the first Thanksgiving and chirstmas without.
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

Ouch, I feel for you.

I lost my mother about 5 years ago and my grandmother about two years before that.
    Now get off your bum and download it! www.linuxISO.com