Thread: computer networks 4th edition, answers

computer networks 4th edition, answers

I have been reading Computer Networks 4th edition by Andrew S. Tanenbaum, Prentice Hall. It is a pretty good book, not too difficult to understand, it is a good reference. My only complain is that at the end of each chapter there is a set of questions and exercises with No answer key, in order to request the solutions manual you have to go to the PH website www.phptr.com and give proper credentials that state that you are a teacher or instructor. Well i am not a teacher, and I think this sucks because right now I am trying to learn by myself and the solutions for this book would really help. I know I could look around the web for a specific answer but this would take forever given that there are 20-30 questions in each chapter, it would be much better to have the solutions handy so that I can get quick feedback about my answers.
    So, anyone has a copy of the solutions for this book, that would'nt mind sharing?

thanks

J

Hi johnnymier,

rfc-editor.org would be a good site to check out while learning networking.
    Personally, I'd write the author and request the answers stating your situation, you may not get them (which sucks)
    but it's worth a shot.

-- spurious
    Get OpenSolaris http://www.opensolaris.org/