Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Administrator

I know I might sound like an ass but to me it sounds like it is a somewhat clever way to ask how he can give himself admin privs, on a machine that someone may accedently leave logged on admin. If this is true you did a good job. If not ignore my paranoid comments. lol
    Nobody has told him yet or will. If it is genuinly his machine he can fix it easily by reading what has been posted because he will have admin.

use linux instead....nuff said
    I used to be a uber-newber(my word) like that. Linux is good in its own right and place, but Windows is just as good in its own right and place. The problem is that not many people know how to secure windows, and more people use it, creating greater issues when an exploit or hole is discovered, especially by virus writers (SoBig).

-Cheers-

It sounds like you have the rights to do the download, but not run the extraction and installation. So you can either run the installation in the admin user, or ( if there is a good reason for not wanting to do that ), download it in the normal user and then do a RunAs to install it using the Admin user. Changing your normal user rights just to do one install is a bad move.