How do you get over project blahs?

Thread: How do you get over project blahs?

How do you get over project blahs?

I was sitting here with a huge pile of work to do and since I was completely unmotivated to do any of it, I thought I'd ask the community this question:

How do you get over your project blahs? How do you convince yourself that you really really do need to do all that grunt work when it's the most banal mindless work you've seen in a long time, fit for a trained monkey, but somehow ended up on your plate.

"Well you see Bob, it's a problem of motivation. I just don't care."

"Wait, don't care?"

"...if Innotech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime....when I make a mistake I have eight bosses coming around to tell me about it"

God I love office space.

First let me start off by saying the "Office Space" is among the greatest movies created.

As far as getting over the 'project blahs' that is alittle more complicated. I somtimes get some lame projects that aren't even worth spending time on, so what I try to do is not look at the project as something that someone is trying to push on me, but I try to look at the project as something I want to get done. If that doesn't work I push myself to were I keep repeating in my head that "I am going to make this project that best damn thing I can" and stuff like that.

Also some Dr. Pepper and some chips or Mac an Cheese sometimes helps me.

Adiz

Banned
    First let me start off by saying the "Office Space" is among the greatest movies created.
    whats so fascinating about it. ?

Have you not seen the movie, or have you seen it and don't see why it's good? Your question was ambigious.

If you haven't seen it, the movie is basically a story of a dilbert-esque character and his escapades in the corporate world. It's very funny and insightful and is something of a cult classic (like big trouble in little china or swingers, one of those movies that didn't make it in the theaters but everyone seems to like).

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Also, another reason the movie may not be as funny (much like the dilbert comic) is if the viewer/reader has never experienced office life. True, my office isn't that bad but it isn't that great either. You can relate to the actor if you have been in those situations.

Adiz