Thread: help downloading mandrake

help downloading mandrake

can someone tell me whats up? im trying to download mandrake 9.1 from linuxiso.org, i have a cable internet connection buts its downloading so slow! its been downloading for about 30mins and it says 184 hrs left! is there a faster way to get it?
    ammon

I suspect the recent news about RH pulling the plug on their version of linux may have something to do with it - everyone is going out to d/l another version of linux.... thus slowing the servers at linuxiso.org... and thus your slow d/l speed - either that or the mirror server is having problems. leave it be for a few days until the panic has died down.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

thanks

ps INVADER ZIM ROCKS!!!!! so does JTHM
    ammon

I would Recommend "DownLoad Accelerator Plus". It creates multiple connections to the site and you can have about 10 connections download the same file at once. It also allows you to resume your download.

It can be found at http://www.download.com

I would also like to recommend KNOPPIX. I just found out about KNOPPIX and love it. It is a linux operating system that can be ran right off the disk w/o installation. I also would like to recommend Linux YELLOWDOG. It is a very good operating system, and i haven't had any problems with it yet.

Actually..... as we speek i am downloading a newer version of YELLOWDOG from LINUXISO.ORG with DOWNLOAD ACCELERATOR PLUS, and its going at about 90 KBPs.
    AntiOnline Quick Forum Version 2b Click Here

It seems that I had that problem once to. I had a DSL connection, and was downloading red hat, but it told me that I had 3 days and 15 hours left. Now I know it was a big file, but not that big.
    =

AO's Mr Grumpy
    I have a 600k cable modem, and on average, it has taken anything from 4-6 hrs to download Mandrake 9.1, I've had to download it a few times, too lazy to burn to disk. I would'nt worry about it , just let it take it's course
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

i would leave my computer on for a few days but its evil and freezes up frequently causing me to have to start the download again. my computers pretty messed up (windows 98) i cant even run scan disk....
    ammon

Elite Hacker
    With a cable internet connection you should be able to download it in under 3 hours per disc. when you click for the download, if the download is slow just cancle that one, then refresh the page and try another one. There should be a link to all the mirrors. Click on it and try each one and go with the fastest. I normally get around 60 kb/s, but have gotten up to 250 or so. If you can't find one with at least 40 kb/s I would just wait it out. When I first downloaded knoppix, I downloaded it from the knoppix site at 15 kb/s. Then I found linuxiso.org and was getting up to 100 or even more on a lot of my downloads. So my downloads went from like 12 hours to around 1 or 2 hours. Hope you find a good mirror.

thanks everyone
    ammon