Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ip block?

Question Ip block?

Is there any anti virus software out that can block others from optaining your IP address?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    No. I believe that the protocol itself was designed for this not to happen. At best, you can use a proxy to hide your source address but that's about it.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

YES I AGREE MSMITTENS YOU BEST BET IS A PROXY TO BLOCK YOUR SOURCE ADRESS, BUT GO TO WWW.BLACKCODE.COM AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN FIND THERE.
    How can we open the eyes of the dead when we ourselves are hollow.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by crypticgod
    YES I AGREE MSMITTENS YOU BEST BET IS A PROXY TO BLOCK YOUR SOURCE ADRESS, BUT GO TO WWW.BLACKCODE.COM AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN FIND THERE.
    You might like to quit shouting (better know as writing in capitals) as some people consider this to be bad manners

Steve

/edit

Sorry, I noticed you've already been made aware of this
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Yes i know this now
    How can we open the eyes of the dead when we ourselves are hollow.

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by crypticgod
    Yes i know this now
    Yeah, sorry.

I've just spotted you've taken a roasting for this elsewhere.

Did you know that you can click on the edit button on the post and change it - That way it will look much better (Look at my previous post)

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Logically, it is impossible to block your IP address from others and be able to work on the internet. You send out a message, (packet of data), addressed to location X with a return address of your location, (Y). The way the data gets back to you is location X sends a packet back with the data you requested addressed to location Y. If you sent a packet with no return address location X wouldn't know where to send the packet so it would drop it. If you send a packet to location X with a return address that is not yours, (let's say Z), then location X will address it's reply to location Z and send it out. The internet, being the efficient thing it is, will merrily route the packet to location Z..... But you're not there, your at X.... So you get nothing back. So you aren't really on the internet.......

Using a proxy is simply hiding behind another person's IP address. In the scenario above if the proxy is at location Z you would send your packet to Z requesting information from X. Z will send a packet to X requesting information with Z as the return address, but it will remember who the original request came from. X will send the requested data to Z who will then repackage the data and send it to Y who originally requested it. The admin at X is fully aware of where the packet came from, (Z), but is utterly unaware, (oversimplified - but run with it....), that the packet request was originated somewhere other than Z, (Y).

So without a valid return address you simply can't be on the internet.... So there is nothing that can block your IP that wouldn't, effectively, kick you off the internet..... And if there was it would be a bit of a waste of time......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger is correct, it is not possible to block your IP address on the internet and even if you could, it would not be possible to do anything on the net. You should just get a firewall such as sygate to filter traffic to ensure that you will not be hacked. I prefer sygate over zonealarm because zonealarm is not secure and it screws a lot of stuff up and has uneeded features. The best feature of sygate would be the seath mode browsing, which shows you IP to websites but does not forward browser or os information to sites. I also like the DLL auth feature, this helps you keep track of new dlls to ensure your system files have not been tampered with.

If you have linux, try out iptables, it is the de facto standard for linux based firewalls and, with all linux features, you have complete control over your rule sets.
    support your favorites, **** the masses.

If you are truly paranoid and don't mind spending some money you can get the package from Anonymizer. It allows you to surf, email, post to newsgroups, chat, and instant message anonymously. The service is like 100 dollars a year. It depends on why you are trying to hide your IP. I like the service from Anonymizer myself. It has its purposes. Plus you can use the tunneling feature to bypass filtering mechanisms at work plus it is all encrypted so there is no snooping. But that is just me.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563

wow...i dont know where to start thanking you...im confuzed though..0oh well..