Icmp

Thread: Icmp

Banned

Post Icmp

I know this will sound dumb, but can someone please tell me a way to block ICMP requests.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Do you have a firewall?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

You would get a better answer if you described your setup...

Do you have a hardware firewall?
    Software firewall?
    What OS do you use?

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Banned
    no, i don't have a firewall. what firewall would you recommend?

My favorite for windoz, Zone Alarm.

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp

lick4th there are loads of firewalls available, and most of them have (amongst other features) the icmp request block. I use zonealarm, it's in many ppl's opinion the best fw available (free and $), and it has a very friendly-user interface. If you wanna deal with something more professional yu might wanna try Sygate.

If you are using Windows 2000/XP this can easliy be done using IP security policies.

http://www.itd.state.ia.us/security/...y_Policies.doc

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Banned
    ok. thanks guys!