Now I've done it...

Thread: Now I've done it...

Wink Now I've done it...

I finally screwed the courage together to try and dabble with a *nix based system..wow!!! I feel like I am in kindergarten all over again.
    Anyway, I went with knoppix-std just for the simple fact that if I screw something up, I can turn off my computer, and all is good again.

The only downside I can see so far is that there are so many distros, it's tough to find the exact information you need. Trying to get linux and XP working together nicely has become quite entertaining to say the least!!!

At any rate, based on my limited experience, if any users want to dabble in *nix, I encourage you to try...it's not so bad!!!

Cheers!

I have recently bought LINUX SuSE personal 8.2 from PC world, it was only 9!!

It came with a huge guide (about 900 pages) anything that I need to know about LINUX is included in this instrutional guide.

I am now dual booting it with XP with no probs, it must be the best 9 i've spent in a while, I would have paid nine quid just for the manual!!
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/

At any rate, based on my limited experience, if any users want to dabble in *nix, I encourage you to try...it's not so bad!!!
    Agreed!

I have recently bought LINUX SuSE personal 8.2 from PC world, it was only 9!!

It came with a huge guide (about 900 pages) anything that I need to know about LINUX is included in this instrutional guide.
    This is the benefit of buying your Linux distribution, not only are you promoting open-source, but you are getting nice documentation along with it. Obviously not everyone is going to be able to buy *nix from the store, doesn't hurt if you can though.

My thoughts...

My brother is attempting a linux triple boot as we speak...

Poor fella..