Christmas List 2003
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas List 2003

Question Christmas List 2003

Alright I知 still a newbie but please don't think I'm just looking for something to post. I'm interested in what everyone will be hoping to get under their trees this year.

I do realize that some of the countries this website reaches might not even celebrate Christmas and there is a large mixture of religion amongst us. I mean no offense to anyone so I will broaden my question to.

If you had to make a list of things you would like to receive as a gift what would be on it? This could be for a holiday or any other type of special day your culture celebrates.

Personally I知 hoping for a few Serial ATA hard drives and some more DDR system memory for my own personal mod. I'm also wishing for that new fleece hooded sweatshirt with the caffeine chemical make up printed on it.

Now I知 sure I致e expressed my youth in the way I知 asking what you want for the holidays, but I知 truly interested in you guys I look up to the sear brilliance you express in all the stuff on this site.

Anyways this is just some general chit chat.

All I know is there better not be any switches (of the garden variety) under that tree, or I'm gonna be pissed off!

Elite Hacker
    I would like an IBM Thinkpad T41. But unfortunately it is really expensive. I will pretty much take any laptop though along with an orinoco 802.11b/g Gold wireless card. Are you getting us what we want?

I will certainly try to put in a good word with the fat guy upstairs. Unfortunately he won't stop complaining about my rent to actually let me talk to him.

Umm... what would really be nice would be a 1998 Toyota TT (Twin Turbo) Supra... umm.. a 2003 Evo 8 wouldn't be that bad either... hehe

Computer wise.. a nice wireless keyboard and mouse would be all I need.. I'm set..
    [pong][shadow]Why won\'t anyone give me greenies???[/shadow] [/pong]

Bring me the head of Osama bin Laden

And if that upsets anybody.........................GOOD!

Cheers

Nihil

I could go for that.

I think I want a Cisco Pix firewall. I would also like a Wirless router.

A new truck wouldn't be bad either.
    =

Hmm, what does I want under the tree? Hehehehe:
    1) Toshiba A20 laptop
    2) Wireless router with SPI and such
    3) 3 Wireless adaptors
    4) A couple grand cash to pay off the rest of my guitar and buy another amp
    5) A digital recording studio
    6) Speakers for the above
    7) Microsoft Corp. (so I can sell it at a lemonade stand for $1 Canadian to some kid who will throw it away, but not till after I give 85% of its funds to Linux!)
    8) Money

Yeah, that sums it up.

Happy holidays!!

Dave
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

I think I'm hoping for a new laptop, something nice, right now I'm running a Dell Latitude CPi. PII 300/128/6Gb.

Either that or one of the new Asus MB's with dual Xeons and 4 Gig's RAM included.(and dual 250 Gig HD's) w00t.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

Elite Hacker
    I changed my mind. I will take a less expensive laptop. And I want this:
    http://www.linuxcd.org/view_item.php?id_version=206
    Maybe not that exact thing, I would like to have Suse in there in place of fedora, and Gentoo instead of College linux, and Libranet instead of MEPIS. That's what I want for Christmas. PM me if you're interested in getting me at least the set of distros and I will give you my address to send them to me or you can give me yours to send you the bill. Also, does anyone have experience with ordering in bulk from them. If I just picked the same amount of distros as this pack has, but diff ones, would it be the same price or more?