Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New built-in popup blocker in IE?

Post New built-in popup blocker in IE?

Microsoft plans to add pop-up blocking features to Internet Explorer next year as part of its Service Pack 2 update for Windows XP, a move that would go far toward stamping out the Web advertisements
    The article is here.

Oh thank god...i know i can speak for just about everyone saying that running the IE browser is like swimming in a sea of pop ups!
    [shadow]NorthernLytes[/shadow]
    NorthernLytes Raves [glowpurple]Go to my website! u wont be sorry![/glowpurple]

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I've been using the Google toolbar for two days now. It blocks popups just fine.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

It's a step in the right direction, but quite a bit late....go check mozilla and leave the pop-ups behind forever...

true if you are using IE then you can just use the new google toolbar and it will block pop-ups already.

Or you could switch to the newest, fastest, badest browser out there...MozillaFirebird
    That which does not kill me makes me stronger -- Friedrich Nietzche

Wow, you mean Microsoft has yet another innovative idea? Oh wait! Its already been done. lol, Galeon and Konqueror are just two examples already running intigrated pop-up blocking. lol, sorry, just had to give M$ a quick bashing again..... But that will certainly be nice for M$ users. The thing that kinda annoys me though is all these updates seem to work only with Windows XP. To me this is another way for them to entice users to upgrade to another version of windoze. But, enough of my ranting and raving, at least there will be less popups for XP users!

Dave
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

Originally posted here by NorthernLytes
    .Oh thank god...i know i can speak for just about everyone saying that running the IE browser is like swimming in a sea of pop ups!

wow, a pop-up blocker. thats an interesting idea right there....i should have thought of it. Check your search engine fan!

Get a life Kosher. Thats worse then all my posts!

Just download an implement the GOOGLE toolbar (with popup blocker) it hasn't let but 2 ads by in about 3 weeks. It is very reliable.

Adiz