Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns, Lots of Guns

Question Guns, Lots of Guns

(matrix has nothing to do with this thread)

Im wondering what peoples view on guns/gun control is. This is a huge and heated topic in the US. But in addition to hearing comments from those in the US I would like to hear from those in other parts of the world. How do guns effect your society? What forms of control do you believe in? Do you think some guns should be banned? Do you think some gun laws are bad? If you saw bowling for columbine, what do you think about Moore's opinion?

And please....lets stay civil , ive seen some pretty religious people when it comes to this issue.
    severe limitation

Well, I'm in Canada and we also have had a big thing about gun controls and gun registration and ****. I don't think they should be banned completely, some ppl like to hunt, collect, etc. However, some weapons I believe should be banned. Things like uzi's, etc. Fully automatic weapons really aren't needed unless you are on a tactical responce team for the local police service, etc etc IMHO.

Lately in Calgary where I live, in the past year there have been a large increase in shootings (gang related), some pretty close to where I live. Now I'm sure that many guns get out there via black market, smuggling, etc. Its not every vehicle is stopped and searched entering the city, so its possible to drive the weapons in. However, I still believe restrictions should be placed on their purchase, use, storage, etc.

I don't see why people get so upset when gun control laws and things are suggested. But I believe many of them just fail to see the other side. How the hell does the government know which citizens are gonna go bizerk some day and kill someone. How does the government know who is honest and who isn't? They don't. Sure there are criminal records etc, but they are just doing this in the best interests of society the way I see it. Its like at work (I work retail). We check signatures of credit cards, and I nearly got assaulted and had to call the police on an individual because I asked for ID. He instantly took it personally, thinking 'why, I'm an honest person, why do I have to produce ID etc' How do I know they are honest? It seems to be similar to these gun control laws. People are upset because they are honest and now have to go through a bunch more hassles. But these rules are set in place to help filter out some people that really shouldn't be in possesion of guns.

Nothing is fool proof, but doing something is better than doing nothing. Introducing gun control laws won't keep people from killing eachother, but then again, introducing speed limits doesn't keep everyone from speeding does it?

These are my views, and even though I'm only 17, I have had a strong support for gun control legislation after I lost both my parents due to guns.

Peace

Dave
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

Give everyone a gun, and ban motor vehicles

You will save a lot more lives?..................they are only inanimate objects after all?

Just my £0.02

lol nihil

I am a Hunter, and am also a member of the NRA. So of course as you might guess, I say let us keep are guns. Afterall its in the constitution that we should have a right to keep and bare arms.
    =

1 comment .......Remeber the movie RED DAWN

Banned
    1 comment, i've enough of guns in war. Dont like 'em. but i got used to 'em so aint scared of 'em neither.

Originally posted here by /|Glacier|\
    1 comment .......Remeber the movie RED DAWN
    They stole ak's and RPG's from the russians..how dose this have anythign to do with gun control?

Personaly I would like to see some of the loopholes changed the last few gun shows I have been to I have seen assult rifles for "display" purposes missing fireing pins, and the same table selling the fireing pins as "display" items. Its getting better though back in the eighties I would see granade launchers and they never asked for a FOID card
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

This kid(Bballad)is truly a dumbass.Bballad what fukin planet did you arrive from man. If it wasnt for the gun dealer in the movie they wouldnt have been armed now would they. *hint*hint* right to bear arms.

I don't see why people get so upset when gun control laws and things are suggested. But I believe many of them just fail to see the other side. How the hell does the government know which citizens are gonna go bizerk some day and kill someone. How does the government know who is honest and who isn't?
    A fair question, but have you ever considered "the other side"

In the first months of his chancellorship, Hitler began a concerted policy of "synchronization," forcing organizations, political parties, and state governments into line with Nazi goals and placing them under Nazi leadership. Culture, the economy, education, and law came under greater Nazi control. Trade unions were abolished and workers, employees, and employers were forced into Nazi organizations. By mid-July 1933, the Nazi party was the only political party permitted in Germany.
    http://www.ushmm.org/outreach/nrule.htm

It wasn't some berserk individual, or a criminal, or a gang that did this. It was a lawfully
    elected government. The only thing that could have stopped the holocaust
    is if those six million jews had been armed.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Dead Man Walking
    My idea of gun control is to use both hands. When you outlaw guns only the criminals have them. Why shouldnt i be able to defend my house and family in a town where it takes an average of 11 minutes from the time a 911 call is placed to the time nthe first officer arives. 11minutes is a long time for somebody to be able to hurt my family and take my stuff. Now with my good ol' mossberg 500 12 gauge thats not as likely to happen. Now i know somebody out there is thinking what if one of the kids is up out of bed and i only think they are an intruder. Well its kinda hard to confuse a 6 year old (my oldest) with an intruder. Oh yea and also the guns are stored in a place where the kids do not have acsess to them. Its this magical little think called a lock and a key that i am the only one that has said key.