Thread: Tutorials by user

Tutorials by user

I think it would be nice if there was a section in each users profile that lists the tutorials written by that user. This list would also be accesible through clicking on the tutorial count under the user name. My reasoning is that some users write really good tutorials, so if one were presented the option of reading more tutorials by a particular user (in this easier than searching fashion), one could learn more and be inspired to learn different things.

I know this has been suggested in the past, but out of a leap of faith I thought I would suggesting it again, might help it get done.
    severe limitation

Elite Hacker
    I was thinking about this the other day. Some users have over a thousand posts and it is really hard to find a tutorial written by them. I know that there is a tutorial index in the tutorials forum, but I really like this idea and would like to see it implemented. Good suggestion volcanic.

Banned
    You didn't need to post again, you could have just click the "Bump Up" button and you can search for Tutorials by a specific user by clicking "Advanced Search on the main site (right below the search box) and then by entering the username in the "Searh by username" box and then by choosing "Tutorial Forum" in the "Search Forum..." field. But it would be nice to have a link directed to the Tutorials by clicking the number of tutorials beneath a username.

Perhaps the "Tutorials posted: x" text could be directly linked to a search for all new threads started by that user in the tutorials forum? Restricting your search using the method available now is adequate, but it still returns results from when members have commented on other tutorials as well as the tutorials themselves.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

BANNED
    I was thinking about this and found this thread before I posted. Is this something that would be thought about or not. If not all tutorials maybe the last 10-100 by that person.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Is this something that would be thought about or not.
    Umm, have you seen this under each users info in posts ?

Security Tutorials Written: 0
    Other Tutorials Written: 1

if you click on the 1, it links you to the tutorial that use has written !

edit: ha er0k, i was a couple seconds faster !
    O.G at A.O

er0k
    if you click on the link in their siderbar thingy where it says tutorials posted blah.. click on the number and it will show you what tuts they have posted.

BANNED
    I think it would be nice if there was a section in each users profile that lists the tutorials written by that user.
    Yeah but when I'm going through the who's online list looking through tutorials written by senior members and I have to click on their profile and then click on their last post, and then click on that number to bring up the list it takes a little more to find a tutorial I'm looking for that wasn't in the index to list a link for someone who is looking for something to advise them on say what linux distro to to use. I know one of the seniors wrote this tutorial and I couldn't find it. It would be a lot easier to do this if there was a link to this in the profile. Blah.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

er0k
    looks like me and copyright posted at exactly the same time.. wow... um - i like the link in the profile thingy, thats better than a furgin list in the profile.

I added tutorials search links to profiles.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.