Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another post with the subject of "M$N Messenger Blocking"

Are you trying to block messanger completely, or are you just trying to remove the MSN Messanger service?

Follow these steps to remove it:
    First load up Windows Explorer (right click on the My Computer Icon and go to Explore).
    Go to your Windows/INF directory and find open up the sysoc.inf file.
    From there find msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7 and remove hide and nothing else.
    Save, close and now you can remove that old MSN Messenger from your XP system by going into add remove programs.

I hope this helps some!

MS

Well MindSpeak i am trying to block the MSN messenger utility. Not really wants to uninstall it. So that there wont be any chances of chatting in a professional environment. When people try to sign in there messenger accounts, they get a deniial of service message.
    Thanx

Most IM services dont use the registry and thus bypass the User restrictions so that they can install on machines with no rights. I would eithier lock them down in Group Policy so that they cannot run any .exe file that you do not specify, or look for trouble users and do that to them. We have done that once or twice (for a month) and it has sent a message to other users not to mess with their computers and install an IM client. You can also have ISA generate a report each day, look through it and block the IM servers that you see in the report.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)