The Shield Antivirus - ViRobot

"Installation"
The Shield Antivirus has a easy installer which you open and download right from the web site, this makes is easy and no effort to download and install. Installation went smoothed and no problems installing. The installation wizard is straight forward and just follow the steps. What is nice you have the option to update the definitions files and "no reboot" is necessary.

"Resources"
One of the major advantages of ViRobot is the low memory consumption on ones computer. My test pc is 4 years old and after rebooting I was holding at 94% resources, this is running my firewall and ViRobot. I have seen many antivirus software are bloated and a resource hog......but the shield is one of the lowest in resource consumption.

"Main Inteface"
The Shield main interface is well laid out easy to use for the novice and advanced user. The left side of the main window shows the folder tree where one can select a given folder to scan. There are 7 tabs at the top consisting of the following:
1.) Computer - You can select to scan Floppy,Local Drive,Compact Drive,All Drives or Running Process
2.) Mail Box - By default you can scan your pop3 inbox for virus's without opening the client. Also you can tweak the config of your mail client to suite your needs.
3.) Config Tab - This has numerous settings you can config to taylor your needs on your computer, easy to configure and understand.
4.) Monitoring - The Shields ViRobot resident scanner allows you to tweak the settings on start up and on scanning processes to meet your needs.
5.) Schedule - This is straight forward, ViRobot wizard will set up the times for you schedules scans.
6.) Update - Update tab is quick and easy to use, you can also configure settings
to update your signature files.
7.) Help - Very comprehensive and detailed to help you out on step by steps to configure The Shield to suite your needs.

"Scan Engine"
I was able to scan my C Drive in 25 minutes, ViRobot scan engine is very fast and unpacking was quick.

"Detection"
At this stage this needs to be researched and tested further. What samples I ran against ViRobot it detected them all..............however........... I recommend those that are interested in the Shield to test drive it yourself and form your own opinion.

"Conclusion"
I find the Shield Antivirus to be a effective protection against virus, trojan,and worms.
Here is the following link for your review and download.

http://www.theshieldantivirus.com