HTML question......sorta but sorta not

Thread: HTML question......sorta but sorta not

Flash M0nkey

HTML question......sorta but sorta not

Ok dunno if this should have been in web-development or prog security or where so thought would go for old faithfull
    cause it kinda takes in a bunch of different things.....

basically :::
    <nutshell>How well does Flash handle HTML and can it cause problems?</nutshell>

ok to expand :::

What HTML tags can Flash recognise?

- I know it is possible for Flash to display basic HTML tags but how far does this reach? Can it also display things like tables? img tags? etc??

Can it handle anything but HTML?

- What about when you start trying to display sites in Flash that use some kind of server side scripting or Javascript? will this be shown? will Flash be able to send vairiables (I know it can through actionscript but i mean from the displayed HTML)?

What problems does this hold for developers?

- When creating a Flash movie that loads in HTML from a remote location are then exploits you need to be aware of?

the reason I ask this is I want to include a basic web-browser in a Flash application I am making but I do not know how well Flash handles HTML and the associated languages (Javascript, php etc)
    and I really do not want to code my own engine in actionscript to handle it correctly (not even sure that would be possible tho I have an idea)

Does anyone have any info on this or any links that might prove usefull?

thanks

v_Ln

Im a bit in the same boat as you are, I am planning some large projects that include flash and had these questions myself.

Seeing that you are the flashguy around here, you might already know of this site, but just in case, flashkit might be of some use to you. I know they have tons of information, plus forums with plenty of flash gurus. I hope you find the info you are looking for. When you do, be sure to enlighten us other lost ones.

severe limitation

Flash M0nkey
    yeah i've spent alot of time on flashkit and the forums can be helpfull - only prob with them is they're so busy and only a few people really have an endepth knowledge of Flash that your questions quickly get pused of the main pages before they get a chane to see them >_<;

volcanic you might also want to try :::

actionscript.org
    www.kirupa.com

they have some nice info to

:::: anyone know anything about my ques tho?? =/

v_Ln

I dont no exactly what tags are reconized by flash but maby you should try veiwing the source on a web site that has a flash animation and see what kind of tags are around it. I think it might only handel HTML. Thats about all i can think of right now.
    I AM FROM CANADA.....AND THEY THINK I AM SLOW EH!

Hey look! Its another guy from CyberArmy!!! thats three of us so far!!!
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

Flash M0nkey
    I dont no exactly what tags are reconized by flash but maby you should try veiwing the source on a web site that has a flash animation and see what kind of tags are around it. I think it might only handel HTML. Thats about all i can think of right now.
    heh nah wont help sorry - cause I am not talking about what tags I can include in a HTML document that contains a Flash animation.....basically you can load from an external source into a dynamic txt field in your flash movie at runtime - this text that you load into the movie can contain HTML

eg: you type ---
    this is a test sentance
    in a txt file - when you load it into the dynamic txt field (which is set to recognise HTML) it will appear as ---
    this is a test sentance

I know that much - but i do not know how far it expands - what other tags can it display...basically would it be able to display a full webpage within the dynamic txt field?
    or does it only display basic tags??

v_Ln