Thread: Indexing the main page links.....

AO Ancient: Team Leader

Indexing the main page links.....

I don't know if it is possible, though I'm sure it is, but it would be really nice if the list of topics on the front page could have the index of pages there too. Like they do in the discussion forums themselves.

That way when a post keeps getting replied to and staying on the front page but has 4 pages you don't have to go to the first page of the discussion before you can select the last page.

It would certainly save all of us that "extra click" and would reduce the workload on the server proportionately......

I'd like it for sure.......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger, I am not sure if I am reading this right, but if you click on the "Last Reply", it will take you right there, one click.

Cheers:
    DjM

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    DjM: Yeah.... I got that.... But sometimes the thread moves a little too quickly, (i'm a little old you know and either forget or lose interest for a while).... I know I was on page one but now it's on page four.... If I click last reply I get the last page and have to select the second page to "catch up".... If I select the thread I have already read page one so I have to select page two. Either way it's that extra click somewhere......

Now, call me a lazy old fart..... But the arthritis is going to start bothering me soon.... the extra click all the time could become more of a "pain"...

It puts more pressure on the server too..... What happens when it gets arthritis????
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

It does sound like a great idea and I don't think it's all that hard to do..

BUT.. I suspect that JP did try this and found out it was a nightmare with formatting
    on the main page.. more trouble than it was worth, sort of thing..

just a guess..

Wouldn't hurt to try it I suppose.. I'd bet that JupM has a test server/backup to experiment with, but from what I've seen here, it's more of a "if it ain't broke.. don't fix it" demeanour