church and state lawsuite
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: church and state lawsuite

church and state lawsuite

Ok this artical http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=35544 talks about a lawsuite going on in the newyork schools.

Its this type of crap that disgusts my, if they allow islamic and jewish symboles into the school they have no right ot bar christian (or satanist or hindu or santarea) symboles. These schools are as dispicable as the alabama judge. It worries me that both sides are going after the seperation of church and state now.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

I agree with you. I think if one is allowed then all should be allowed. America is crazy these days with all the nonsense and sorry politics that go on all the time. I'm tired of it all...

I have to agree with you on that... They eithier need to decide to ban all religious symbols or allow all of them in the school district. Its not really fair to "segregate" against one group of people.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I have a few (very few...before anyone gets excited) american coins and banknotes (any more than 10,000 TJs is being greedy?) I seem to they recall that they say "In God We Trust" on them?................not Jaweh? not Allah?................I admit that the difference is purely semantic, as we are all "children of the book" if you read the writings?

I guess bballad has hit the "political correctness syndrome"...........a shower of useless incompetents intoxicated in the glory of their own self-esteem?.......but they are afraid of the unknown, and being politically incorrect?

OK, the church and the state are separated.....quite right too.............but both MUST comply with the US Constitution? (your call guys...just a limey here)

I have worked with a lot of Islamic people over here, and found it highly educational. I remember one time when the Anglican Bishop of Durham (a city in the north of England) said that he did not believe in Christmas, the nativity, the immaculate conception etc..........A devout moslem colleague of mine asked "what are you going to do about it"..........I said "nothing, the man is senile, these things are sent to test us?"

I was informed that this "Christian" bishop had nearly got himself on a list with only Salman Rushdie's name above it.

If you think that I an BSing, please read Suntra19 of the Holy Koran......it might open a few eyes...........although Christmas is not a great feast, it is OFFICIAL in Islam!

I believe that all these officials should be made to re-apply for their jobs, the most important part of the application being a 600 word account of the events of 9/11 and their personal feelings in that respect. I wonder if many of them have anything better to do than re-apply for their jobs............?

I wonder what "clintonsucks" would think about this?

Cheers

Originally posted here by nihil
    [B]I have a few (very few...before anyone gets excited) american coins and banknotes (any more than 10,000 TJs is being greedy?) I seem to they recall that they say "In God We Trust" on them?................not Jaweh? not Allah?................I admit that the difference is purely semantic, as we are all "children of the book" if you read the writings?
    lets start with this, the line was added during the creation of the federal bank, basicly for two reasons, one to trick americans into accepting the new notes, two to try and exert a bit of control over citizans. If you get notes from the prefed daysyou will notice that that line is not on any of our money. The fed is also a semiprivet organzation and can circumvent some of our govermental laws.

OK, the church and the state are separated.....quite right too.............but both MUST comply with the US Constitution? (your call guys...just a limey here)
    as a private organization a church dosn't need to faloow any of the rules set out to limit the goveremnt. YOu see there is a big difrences between private and public organizations in this country.

"Aronow v. United States," 432 F.2d 242 (1970) in the United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit The court ruled that: "It is quite obvious that the national motto and the slogan on coinage and currency 'In God We Trust' has nothing whatsoever to do with the establishment of religion. Its use is of patriotic or ceremonial character and bears no true resemblance to a governmental sponsorship of a religious exercise."

From here...http://www.religioustolerance.org/nat_mott.htm

Bballad...you lost me...but I'm not an economist. Money is produced under the supervision of the federal reserve...yes/no? I didn't realize the fed wasn't a part of the government...could you provide a link to help me out? I'm not having any luck finding any...

Groovicus

Actually, the line that really got me was that Jewish menorah and Islamic Crescents have a secular dimension, but the Christian symbols are purely religious. Which shows a complete lack of understanding of either of them.

Doh!

Originally posted here by groovicus
    "Bballad...you lost me...but I'm not an economist. Money is produced under the supervision of the federal reserve...yes/no? I didn't realize the fed wasn't a part of the government...could you provide a link to help me out? I'm not having any luck finding any...

Groovicus
    The chair of the fed (greenspan curently) as well as the members of its board are apointed by a group of major US banks, the set all monitary policy indipendet of executive or leguslative branch control. the president can't touch the chair of the fed nor can congres, so while it is a branch of the federal goverment it works more as a private organization that has clsoe ties to the goverment. N one in the fed has ever been eleceted or apoined their position by an elected ofical.

Originally posted here by bballad

The chair of the fed (greenspan curently) as well as the members of its board are apointed by a group of major US banks, the set all monitary policy indipendet of executive or leguslative branch control. the president can't touch the chair of the fed nor can congres, so while it is a branch of the federal goverment it works more as a private organization that has clsoe ties to the goverment. N one in the fed has ever been eleceted or apoined their position by an elected ofical.
    I thought they were appointed by the president. (Although they can do what they want once they are in office without fear of retaliation)

See this website: http://www.federalreserve.gov/faq.htm#bogq1
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod

I thought they were appointed by the president. (Although they can do what they want once they are in office without fear of retaliation)

See this website: http://www.federalreserve.gov/faq.htm#bogq1
    I stand corrected, but note that they are all members of the fed befre they can be appointed to the board of goveners, members ofthe fed are chosen form amongst the banks in that federal district giving an ameinly small pool of people to apoint form.