Thread: Port 3775

AO Ancient: Team Leader

Port 3775

I am seeing a lot of port 3775 activity, (>60 attempts in 30 minutes), on this DSL connection that originates from a lot of ipt.aol.com type addresses, (AOL dial up - right?), with a few high speed connections thrown in from .edu locations too. I'm pretty sure the IP address here hasn't changed - Note to self: make a note of the IP from time to time......

Google shows nothing sensible about the port.

Anyone else seeing this, (I can't get to my main log server from here), or any thoughts about it....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

hrmm. i have gotten plenty of scans from the ipt.aol DNS but none dealing with port 3775, my guess is some one is snoopin around that port thinking they can access some service from it, but what, i have no clue

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    It's possible that this IP was someone elses address before who was into P2P since I had similar on a different port a week or two ago. But this is a lot of AOL users whereas before it was from all over.....

I can't get to my main log server that would make it easy to determine if this was net-wide or isolated to me without jumping through so many hoops it would be midnight before I got an answer so I thought I'd pop it up here and see if it is widespread..... It might have turned out to be a "heads up"..... By the responses it appears that this particular DSL provider might have had some "naughty boys and girls" on it.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

ispmmgr 3775/tcp ISPM Manager Port
    Strike Like Lightening...Envelop Like Darkeness...
    As Strong As Thunder...As Swift As The Wind...
    As Calm As the Water...~Sun Tzu~