Good source for security books!

Thread: Good source for security books!

Elite Hacker

Good source for security books!

I just had the bright idea of checking my colleges library for books on computer security and am I ever glad I did. I am at home right now using their online catalogue. I will post some of the titles I've found and see which ones you all recommend:
    • How to break software security : effective techniques for security testing / James A. Whittaker, Herbert H. Thompson.
    • Building open source network security tools : components and techniques / Mike Schiffman.
    • Complete systems administrator / Curt Freeland and Dwight McKay.
    • Computer security sourcebook / edited by Wilma R. Caldwell.
    • Corporate computer and network security / Raymond R. Panko.
    • Cyber war! [electronic resource].
    • Enterprise security : the manager's defense guide / David Leon Clark.
    • Fundamentals of computer security / Josef Pieprzyk, Thomas Hardjono, Jennifer Seberry.
    • Halting the hacker : a practical guide to computer security / Donald L. Pipkin.
    • Inside network perimeter security : the definitive guide to firewalls, VPNs, routers, and intrusion detection systems / primary authors, Stephen Northcutt ... [et al.] ; contributing authors, Mark Edmead ... [et al.].

And that is just a drop in the bucket. So out of those what do you all recommend? If nobody has read any of those I can post more, I really don't want to check out a book that sucks. Also, I highly recommend anyone attending a university, or any school for that matter, to check out the library and see what they've got.

That is one of my favorite book resources. They have alot of books. There are other ones. I have.