November 12th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Good source for security books!
I just had the bright idea of checking my colleges library for books on computer security and am I ever glad I did. I am at home right now using their online catalogue. I will post some of the titles I've found and see which ones you all recommend:
- How to break software security : effective techniques for security testing / James A. Whittaker, Herbert H. Thompson.
- Building open source network security tools : components and techniques / Mike Schiffman.
- Complete systems administrator / Curt Freeland and Dwight McKay.
- Computer security sourcebook / edited by Wilma R. Caldwell.
- Corporate computer and network security / Raymond R. Panko.
- Cyber war! [electronic resource].
- Enterprise security : the manager's defense guide / David Leon Clark.
- Fundamentals of computer security / Josef Pieprzyk, Thomas Hardjono, Jennifer Seberry.
- Halting the hacker : a practical guide to computer security / Donald L. Pipkin.
- Inside network perimeter security : the definitive guide to firewalls, VPNs, routers, and intrusion detection systems / primary authors, Stephen Northcutt ... [et al.] ; contributing authors, Mark Edmead ... [et al.].
And that is just a drop in the bucket. So out of those what do you all recommend? If nobody has read any of those I can post more, I really don't want to check out a book that sucks. Also, I highly recommend anyone attending a university, or any school for that matter, to check out the library and see what they've got.
November 13th, 2003, 08:48 AM
That is one of my favorite book resources. They have alot of books. There are other ones. I have.