Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cd Burner Problems -SW240B

Cd Burner Problems -SW240B

Im running a Dell Dimension 4550, Cd/CD-RW SW-240B.

The problem is I am unable to burn disks. They get to a random point and then produce an error. Then a red light on the cd drive starts blinking.

I have tried using three different programs.

Roxio Easy Cd Creator 6
    Nero
    Nti Platinum

Each of them gives a different error about what happened. Nti said an error occured, Roxio said a write error had occured and nero said it could not perform endtrack.

So after this point I went out and bought a cleaning disk for my cd-rom, that disk with the little brushes, and still no luck.

Anyone have any experience or problems with this drive?
    We all search for a reason to live. It is in that reasoning we discover who we truly are.

Did it ever work?.............as in is this a new problem?

Are all or even one of the software copies licenced? and came with the kit?

Hard to tell at this stage, you might find that the software only supports a particular device...I have had that, and had to try 3 Cds to find the right one

Dell machines can have problems with added hardware..................I have had that one also

I would like a bit more information.

Cheers

If you have a spare burner lying around, you might try swapping it out.
    =

(suggestion) maybe one of
    the files ,mpeg,.or what ever is corrupt.

If the file he's trying to copy to the cd was corrupt, it wouldn't cause the CD to not burn it to the cd. That should make no difference.
    =

Yes it would it will give a error.It will get to a random point and then produce an error. You should do more research before you try to post fact like that.
    Dont get on to me just because I dissed your girlfriend nightFalls girl or what ever here name was.

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Cd Burner Problems -SW240B

Originally posted here by pjd9000
    I have tried using three different programs.
    Roxio Easy Cd Creator 6
    Nero
    Nti Platinum
    If you are runnining Windows XP, have you tried the basic, CD writing wizard? Sometimes the simple solution is best

Yes, as Nihil mentioned, did it work before ?

How much memory have you got on your system, Speed of CPU, ? And have you check if the default temporary folder has enough space ?

have you ever tried burning at the lowest speed ? Also make sure that not too many programs are running in the background.

Dr_Evil

Yes the burner originally worked when i first had the burner.

I have attempted to burn multiple types of files, at different times (data, audia, and video)

Sadly I dont have a spare cd burner around to swap, but the cd burner is the one that originally came with the system.

The drive seems to be able to run cds though. And the burner begins the cd sometimes but the files are so corrupted on the disk they are unreadable.
    We all search for a reason to live. It is in that reasoning we discover who we truly are.

pjd9000

have you check if the default temporary folder has enough space ? try clearing some space in your hd.What OS are you using ?

Dr_EVIL