Thread: VB help plzz

Wink VB help plzz

Hey I am kind of new to VB6 I can write some stuff but not others I have been using my friends VB but then he moved away :'(. I now need to go out and but a box for my self and I was wondering what would problly be the best edition for me to buy. What would u guys think I would all need in the package? Thanks for the help ahead of time.
    EHU

EHU - it depends what you are wanting to develop for. They usually produce three version - small, medium and large. Unless you are doing corporate applications, the medium is probably sufficient for you.

You also need to consider whether you can get away with simply buying VB, or whether you need the Visual Studio tools for cross-tool development. Of course, this makes the price rather more astronomic, which is why you need to know what your intentions are before buying.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Alot of student book of Visual Basic come with student version of VB6. You can do everythink except to complile! Very good to learn.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

except I'd probably consider moving to VB.NET in any case now... but yeah if you can get hold of a student edition that isn't a bad idea (academic version of Visual Studio.NET is basically the professional version with a few extra studenty things thrown in for example) cos it's reasonably cheap (compared to the 'proper' editions anyhoo)

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Thanks for all the help but does enyone know where I could get a hold of a student book?
    EHU

AO French Antique News Whore
    They usually come with programming book...

I highly suggest Visual Basic 6.0 by Diane Zak.. That book is very good and have the student edition. But you shold check Visual Basic .Net by Diane Zek also! Probablly very good also and PROBABLY t a student version of Visual Basic .NEt

good Luck!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

thanks for all the help guys i am cheking into the books now
    EHU

The student copies that come with the books are full copies EXCEPT they do not allow you to create an executable. Although, in most technical colleges, they allow you to get an educational liscence for a full copy if you attend that course. The only two things about an educational liscence that differ from the full professional are A. you must sign an agreement not to make money off of any of the programs you write and B. you cannot update the MSDN (microsoft software developers network) or help files.

Ohm

I c thanks that helps
    EHU