Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biometric Mouse

Ms. Mittens-
    Sure he does, I was just showing an example of the internal chip in action...Not passing any judgement as to what is secure or not. As long as there are people in the world, there will always be crooks & sheisters
    Creating further mindless stupidity....through mindless automation.

I believe eventually... as people are born, their DNA will be put on file, and they will be implanted with locators. kinda puts a big dent in criminal activities during their lifetime dont ya think??

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249524

That may be sooner than you think High2Risk...with Bush in office here in the US, its becoming more and more like the gestapo of Nazi Germany.

Not saying that its even nearly as bad...but more like. Theres a difference between big brother monitoring, and just plain coming out and saying "We're gonna watch everything about you, and theres nothing you can do about it."

But then again, we're probably all being watched by some higher being anyway. Not tryin to turn this thread into philosophy, but its something to think about. In that case, I'd say ignorance is bliss...cuz I just don't wanna know who's watchin me, it would make me uncomfortable.
    Creating further mindless stupidity....through mindless automation.

LOL, there have been so many times i watch the news with George Bush and our PM, John Howard together, and i just sit there and think.. why doesnt anyone BOMB them for christ sake, they are right there!!!

lol, if i offended anyone.. *shrugs* i have my beliefs and freedom of speech, so do you.. voice it out!

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249524

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Ok, lets talk about serious security. A fingerprint scanner on a USB mouse cannot be serious security. Its a small toy gadget in my opinion, a cool one maybe, but not seriuos for a critical system. My thoughts are going in another direction when it comes to this mouse. I think its just a way to "send" the fingerprints off to somewhere. Like some big brother gag. So when you buy it, its under your name or under your SS, or whatever. So, "probably in windows" the moment you save you fingerprint, it would just send a mail or some other sort of package somewhere revealing info. I know, i know, so what if that system was not online, or antother 10 stupid reasons that its prolly not so...but im paranoid, i like being paranoid (did you know that i have never ever typed in my real name on a windows system, not ever, not even in word, or excell, or anything). I dont trust M$ products as respecting privacy. I think its just a trap device this mouse. To get info of you. Some of you might say this is ok, and needed, to track down terrorists and pedos and other stuff like that. Well, for me its not ok to have my system leak anything about its contents to anywhere for no reason whatsoever.

[/rant]

other than that, a sweet gadget to impress your neighbours

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"