email

Thread: email

Banned

Angry email

i curently (for one of my emails) am using yahoo mail...and i get nothing but spam...and pinters as to which email serviece is the best fr spam protection?

regards
    David

umm......turn spamguard feature on?

Banned
    its on..but it still gets flooded

**sigh** Then just delete it, you don't have to open it.

If it makes it into your in-box, mark it as spam...

Whaddya want...it's free...

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    In my experience the volume of spam seems to be directly related to the size of the provider?

Yahoo and Hotmail certainly suffer very badly, and AOL certainly used to.

I would suggest that you find another smaller and more obscure provider. Obviously, do not post your e-mail addy in public, or use it to reply to dubious adverts......check their privacy policy. You might even like to open two accounts, one for your very personal use (family & friends). If you MUST post an addy do it like johndoe@REMOVEME mailisp.com If they cannot work that out, you don't want to hear from them!

I get very little spam these days, which is probably as well because I swear that if I had my wotsit lengthened one more time I would probably trip over and break my neck

Good Luck

EDIT: You might like to look at http://www.fepg.net/ They give links to around 1500 e-mail providers in about 85 countries.
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Banned
    is there ANY email services that do NOT allow spamm through?...and couldnt spamm be considered harrassment?..i mean...its on wanted...it makes you feel frusterated..and it tryes to get inside your pants(computer)

PostMaster are pretty viligant against spammers, and even took a couple of companies to court recently because they sent UCE to people with @postmaster.co.uk addresses. They also subscribe to a number of mail blacklists and allow you to block single addresses or entire domains (block @hotmail.com, @msn.com and @yahoo.com and you should see a dramatic fall in spam!).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

If you really don't want spam, you can get one of the challenge/response systems like Mailblocks (not an endorsement, I use client-side bayesian filtering). Whenever someone new sends you mail, they send a message back asking them to confirm that they are a person. If they confirm, they are whitelistsed. Otherwise, the service does not deliver their mail.

Downsides:
    * There aren't, AFAIK, any free services that offer this.
    * People while about having to do all this stuff to send you mail

Upside:
    * Supposedly zero spam