Thread: RAD is back in action!

Wink RAD is back in action!

Hey all--

Just wanted to take this moment to say that I'm back after a long break. So much has happened in the past two months, I can't begin to explain. I see a lot of new members here making good contributions along with everyone else. So yea, just wanted to say I'm back boys and with a few new tut's coming your way so watch out!

-- Peace all
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Elite Hacker
    Glad to see you back. I agree with some new members making good contributions, but there are also some who could use a swift kick.
    So much has happened in the past two months, I can't begin to explain
    You can try can't you? I would like to here about it. What will your tuts be covering?
    Welcome back!

You can try can't you? I would like to here about it.
    Heh well, lets see I've missed a lot of school partially due to the passing of my grandpa whom I was really close to. He lived out about 8hrs from here so we've had to travel back and fourth three seperate times, and that's not easy with an argumentive family and a mom who also lost her sister to cancer. Add a brother who can't stop smoking weed and just not supporting my mom at all, plus a dad in denial and you have one hell of a car ride down. Thank god for headphones.

Anyway, after we got down there I did get the chance to meet up with my cousin who lives in Colorado that I never see. However, I guess I spent to much time giving out hugs then recieving them and when I got back I was a mess. I never cried once even though I know I wanted too. But I suppose it really didn't sink in... and it still really hasn't.

Well, when I got back I bearly had anytime to catch my breath as I had sooo much school crap to make up I just wanted to leave. I thought my senior year would be a piece of cake but that's not the case. Put into the equation a girl that thinks your really cute and wants to go out with you and you've got a lot going on at both sides of the spectrum...

and that's not even a quarter of it... but I'll leave it at that for now as i still don't know how things are going to work out. But thanks for the interest h3r3tic, typing this out has kinda put things into perspective a bit better.

What will your tuts be covering?
    Thanks for asking, I'll probly be adding on to my 'Intro to the Net' series. Since I've been learning a lot more in CISCO Networking and also I'll probly write one up on JAVA since I'm getting pretty good with that... Now if only I could get my damn CodeWarrior IDE to work.

Well, I gotta jet for now guys... I haven''t seen the new Matrix yet!

-- Peace
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Elite Hacker
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sounds like you have got a lot going on, and you still have the heart to think of AO, not only that but you are writing two tuts on top of that(although I will understand if we don't see those for a while, or ever. No pressure, sounds like you have too much already). Just remember you still have everyone here at AO who supports you. Again I'm glad to see you back.

Welcome back, we could use a few more conservatives around here, that's for damn sure!

Lol, woah, h3r3tic, you've done a great job covering a lot of JAVA. I'm wondering about anything else that people would want to have covered... I was thinking maybe something along the lines of pointers and creating super classes? Perhaps, but if anyones got any suggestions PM or post 'em I'd be glad to hear them. I think I have a good idea on what to write for pt. 3 of the Intro to the Net. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Elite Hacker
    If you know any of the java.net stuff with all the network programming that would be really cool. I love anything to do with networking. If not I could use a brush-up on creating super classes. I'm sure whatever you write it about it will help many people.