Image Rights (AGAIN)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image Rights (AGAIN)

Image Rights (AGAIN)

I work for a company that uses google image search as their main source for pictures. How illegal is that? I'm sure it can't be good. Their publications go out all across the US, and include maps, fair directories, and historical reviews.

The original owner of the material has the rights, unless they were bought buy the people on the website, or unless the content is freely available. You are right, it is not good.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563

Well, it depends on the picture and who owns it. Not all pictures are copyrighted, mind you many are. Technically the company should (to the best of my knowledge anyways) be requesting permission from the owners of the picture for permission, but for every publication it could become very time consuming. From my understanding, it can be very illegal, unless they quote the sources of their pictures. If they don't and claim them as theirs, then it could become a serious issue of copyright infringment.

Just my .02

Dave
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

Developer Extraordinar
    No offence here, but did you not notice the thread about two places down about excatly the same thing... if you did, check it out...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=250947

You'd probably find your answers there.

MB
    Come to UnError.com

yeah burn but I thought this might be diff as that was a website and this is a pub. Another question... I heard something about anything on the internet is public domain. True? Obviously not I guess but that's just what I heard.

If it were public domain then the stupid a$$ RIAA would leave 12 year old girls alone.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps

Nope not true, a lot of things on the net are held under copyright or trade marke. If a copy right holder notices their image on your product your company could be in a lot of hot water.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

lmao @ sys
    thanks ballad
    I want to bring it up but I'm not sure they will be so happy bout it, butt then again I'd be saving their asses.

This has nothing to do with this post, but I am just sitting here thinking. I am so sick of having my freedoms taken away. The bad part about this is I am a veteran, I thought I was fighting for my freedom. Sorry to get off topic, I was just thinking and that can be dangerous.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps

Developer Extraordinar
    yeah burn but I thought this might be diff as that was a website and this is a pub. Another question... I heard something about anything on the internet is public domain. True? Obviously not I guess but that's just what I heard.
    It deals with the exact same thing image theft. As for public domain, what on earth are you talking about? Did you read the FAQ and what not...? As for RIAA, you are infact stealing copyrightted material... meaning that they arn't really taking away any freedom, just something illigal that you are doing...

Anyways, just my $0.02.

-MB
    Come to UnError.com