Checking for linuxthreads

Thread: Checking for linuxthreads

Checking for linuxthreads

Hey folks,

How do I tell if I have linuxthreads on my computer? A website says that if I have glibc 2 (Red Hat 5 and later) I automatically have linuxthreads included with the distribution. I have Red Hat 7.1, but "locate linuxthreads" brings up no result.

Could someone please tell me how I can find out definitively if my system has linuxthreads?

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

shred2er.

Unless your Linux system is prehistoric, it definitely will do.

There will no longer be any files called linuxthreads, or any separate package because it's long been part of libc and has been available on every Linux distro for at least 5-7 years.

I believe it's now essentially a pthreads implementation. In any case, it's included with libc.

Slarty

One possibility is locate has nothing to locate. Redhat and almost every other Linux distro need to be updated from the command line. What I mean is, unless your running SuSE Linux, which does this automagically;

su

enter root password

You are now root.

type:

updatedb

After a few minutes locate will actually work.

If you already did all this and locate still can not find anything, well, sorry.

What you could do is search for thread or threads.... that should bring it up. Seems to me the problem is that its not named linuxthreads but something different such as linux-thread.
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

Thanks everyone, for your help. gore, will so as you have advised.