Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OSs: The Bitch Session

If you wonder why are they there and if they also spread bad information then maybe you should speak up about it and invite others to do so as well.
    Perhaps I will. I'm still wondering why the **** they got greens in the first place for them.

If you do not want harsh criticism of your work, you are best off double checking your facts and possibly providing links to supporting material or actually pointing out where (what book, seminar, etc) you got your information from.
    No one can disagree with that. Comment, question, suggest, and then let the person responsible for the tutorial make the necessary corrections. That should do the trick, unless the information provided was intentionally misleading. I doubt that is the case here.

`pw

Originally posted here by paulie walnuts

Perhaps I will. I'm still wondering why the **** they got greens in the first place for them.

No one can disagree with that. Comment, question, suggest, and then let the person responsible for the tutorial make the necessary corrections. That should do the trick, unless the information provided was intentionally misleading. I doubt that is the case here.

`pw

The whole tutorial was crap. Most of it was nothing more than loose facts, and unneeded option with absolutly NO cohesion whatsoever. It didn't makes sense, it didn't provide accurate or correct information, etc, etc.

- I see the term "32bit, 16bit" tossed around dozens of times, yet no explination about what it is. (just as an example)

- Calling an API "a big scary word" is laughable. Unless you're a software developer, you probably don't know, want to know, or even give a **** what an API is. It means nothing to your average userbase. Not to mention his description is fatally flawed. Anyone who needs to know what an API is, or does, already knows what it is, and in most cases how it's used. (as another example)

- windows 3.x and 95 offering no security ... LOL, they don't offer any services. It's a workstation. Turn off FPNW and you have one of the most secure workstations MS has ever put out. Especially since 3.x didn't bundle WSH and VBS active scripting to it. Which means no lamer script virii. And in most cases no Mass Mailer worms either, as they cannot use a scripted SMTP engine. (yawn)

I was gonna stay clear of this because gore is a friend of mine and he's being trashed. Are there problems with the tutorial, to some degree yes, however for a n00b it is still a good introduction, at least it's not completely watered down and pure lies, and yes there have been tutorials like that on here that have been praised. Hell no one is flaming the poster of the *nix shortcuts tutorial (sorry don't have the name and i'm too lazy to open a second window) and his shortcuts tutorial was primarly a CnP and not *nix but more Linux Bash...

If you want to get into technical inaccuracies. Windows 3.x was refered to as an OS.. This is wrong.. It's technically only a shell (a great shell, but still just a shell -- it couldn't run on it's own). Windows 1.0 (which I have a copy of... ) is nothing more than a file explorer.. If I remember correctly (haven't seen it in a while) but it's closer to midnight commander and norton commander..

I think this is just an example of people looking for a reason to flame. Point out the problems and move on people, don't bash for the hell of it. That's my job

" don't be an *******, the language isn't necessary. " - AP poster Phishphreak80

How about this for language:

Dear PhishPhreak80,
    Why don't you suck my mother ****ing dick, you filthy, pussy-assed little ****.

Is that better?

"Not needed" - AP poster lekt0r

lekt0r - let me tell you whats not needed. Whats not needed is your disgusting whore of a mother dragging her teeth over my **** every time she sucks it. You better tell that bitch, the next time she does it, Im going to bitch slap the **** out of her.

yes, you were/are being an *******. the language was/is indeed not necessary.

If you have a problem with gore, that is between you two.
    Why not send him a PM saying so, rather than acting like an ass?

what is untrue about my assignment?

I couldn't care less what you think about me, so calling me names does nothing but show how ignorent you truly are.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

This person has been banned from AntiOnline, and as a result...
    They never learn.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

They never learn.
    They sure don't... this has to be at LEAST the third or fourth time Quad has been banned.

I know he is intelligent, but ignorence takes over and thats all we get to see.

rcgreen BTW: You're now 1337... I know, I know. But hold back the excitement.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Ninja Code Monkey
    Hrm, after reading MsMitten's post about moving all the whining to this thread I now see that my replies to the post apparently were not constructive enough. Beyond pointing out the inaccuracies and providing supporting material to fix those, what more could have been done? Or did I get lumped in with all of the name calling by accident/laziness/the need to make gore feel better? The links I provided are actually helpful and give real useful information about the technologies mentioned...
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It was a grand lumping. Not all posts met that particular "vent" and I'm sorry I didn't clarify that point but after reading through the thread (and personally having an incredible shitty day)... well.. we all have our points. *BLEAH*

And it wasn't to make gore feel better but rather it just struck me that it was getting out of hand. I figured if people were going to gang up at least dedicate a thread to it. Almost wish that an auto thread was created for tutorial discussions elsewhere with a little link if people want to read it.

I'm sorry if you felt you were lumped in and you did post a constructive rather than destructive post.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

This is my take.

Who gives a ****.