Thread: Hidden Loaders

Hidden Loaders

Hi, as of recently evertime i start my PC and just about every 5 minutes after some program is spawning hidden copies of internet explorer. Is their an easy way to stop this, determine what program is spawning this process, or atleast see where this program is opening internet explorer windows to?
    Thx in advance
    [glowpurple]AZE[/glowpurple]

(suggestion)Have you ran some adware programs?
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...317#post685317

#1 I would definitly hit "ctrl-alt-del" and see what's running in the backround.
    #2 I would start the computer in safe mode and run full AV scan (making sure the AV has all updates).
    #3 I would scan the computer with adaware and spybot.
    #4 I'd run "startuplist.exe" and see what is loaded on startup (you can find it on the net).
    #5 I'd run "Highjackthis" and find out what other critters are in my P.C.
    Strike Like Lightening...Envelop Like Darkeness...
    As Strong As Thunder...As Swift As The Wind...
    As Calm As the Water...~Sun Tzu~

Talking ad aware and zonealarm

Hello,

U can run ad aware from lavasoft to chek if there spy ware programs on jour pc. Get rid of the programs and install a firewall. i.m using zone alarm and it works for me.

Hav e nice day
    have fun and ride safe

bmw r90 s

Yeah, running an ad/spyware removal tool should normally solve the case.
    You say it are hidden windows, what do you mean by that?
    Are the windows only visible in the taskbar like they're minimised and is the actual window not visibile or what?
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

If u use Win 98 type 'msconfig' in the run menu and go to startup and untick the name of the program that runs on startup.

Else if above doesnt work

Try to open ur autoeec.bat file in the drive where OS is installed and open it in notepad and remove the line 4 the program that runs on startup

Thanks for all the help, but these were things i had already done, and they all gave me a clean bill of health. I finally got fed up with it and just did a system restore. Now the problem is gone. While it was their it was hiding itself by using process names that are already in use with windows (duplicate names resulted). But does anyone know how to veiw hidden Internet explorer windows? That program kept turning IE on and i could not see what the window was, it didn't even show up on the task bar.

edit--- Duplicate Post(clicked too fast)---/edit

Just wanna had something:

While it was their it was hiding itself by using process names that are already in use with windows (duplicate names resulted
    beware that different win services use the same process name, as show in the task manager ' Ctrl+Shift+Esc'.

Hi, as of recently evertime i start my PC and just about every 5 minutes after some program is spawning hidden copies of internet explorer. Is their an easy way to stop this, determine what program is spawning this process, or atleast see where this program is opening internet explorer windows to?

So first, start ur pc and while loading press "ctrl+alt+del" then check if it is a suspicous program!,
    then "end task" so if that program does not exits anymore! congrats!