Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I .. ?

Question How can I .. ?

Hello everybody..!
    I have a question..!

How can I bypass a index.htm file, in a folder, in the purpose of viewing the contents of the folder.. ?
    For example, if i have http://www.something.com/tbone/index.htm, and i want to view the contents of the folder tbone, how can i do it..! The host my domain is running on, is running a cgi script, that for protection, creates a blank index.htm file in every folder..! I want to display the contents of the folder..! How can I bypass it.. ??

Thank you..!
    ...We were like the 5 musketeers, and the 3 of us, made quite a duo.... !!!

Elite Hacker
    I don't know if you can. There might be some sort of browser setting to not execute any files. It wouldn't matter if you could bypass it if the directory was set to rwx--x--x, then you couldn't see the contents anyways. That is probably how they have it set up. You may try a google search, but I'm sure they have taken more measures than just making an index.html file.

It`s just the index.htm file..! I mean, i can access files with any extensions in that folder..! I can download mp3`s, view txt, htm, files..! It`s just that i can`t view the contents..! I want to upload lots of music, and other files, and use the default 'no-index' apache browser..! It`s much easier that modifing html pages, with links & stuff like that..! It`s just that annoying index.htm file..!!! If i delete it, every time somebody loads the page, it appears again..!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    use FTP instead.

or write your own index.html file that has a cgi script to display the directory listing.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    *Moved from AntiOnline: How do I?*

Elite Hacker
    Originally posted here by lordbone2001
    It`s just the index.htm file..! I mean, i can access files with any extensions in that folder..! I can download mp3`s, view txt, htm, files..! It`s just that i can`t view the contents..! I want to upload lots of music, and other files, and use the default 'no-index' apache browser..! It`s much easier that modifing html pages, with links & stuff like that..! It`s just that annoying index.htm file..!!! If i delete it, every time somebody loads the page, it appears again..!
    I'm kindof lost, is this your server or something. From what you just wrote it sounds like it's your server.

edit
    If you can change the attributes of the files for your website, just change the index.htm file to take of the execute attribute so that nothing is executed when you go to the site and the directory is just displayed. You probably won't be able to do this though, in that case do what Juridian said.

Ninja Code Monkey
    It's not his server from what I've read, he wants to display the contents of the folder given to him by his hosting provider. I'd recommend actually talking to your provider about how you'd be able to do what you need.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Ok people..!
    Thanks for helping..!
    I sent an e-mail to the provider..!
    Thanks..!

Generally the index.html file is what webserver is set to display if there is one. If there isnt then it will usually display the contents. Check with your host. Most webmasters want the index.html protection. Basically its just for a little added security so people cant go and see what is in their folders.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

usually the server itself is configured as to what is the default file to show. its usually also configured not to allow browsing. so unless you name a file you'll get nothing but the default page even if you delete the file and just point your browser to the folder you'll get a server error page telling you that you can't browse the directory. if it is your site you can up load a text file with all the files listed or make an html page with links to them all and call it by name. your host isnt going to allow browsing just for you
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”