Thread: Antionline System

Antionline System

Hey, this may be a weird request, but my company is in the market fof a good discussion/KB software. I have seen the AO interface on other sites and was wondering if this system is open source or could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

ET

I'm sure the seniors and moderators will reply to ya but I think it's based on PHPBB - see link http://www.phpbb.com/

If not someone let us know. I really like the sw running AO and am curious myself.

It is / should be vBulletin, though customized a bit and with add-ons, etc.

BTW, I just now saw that the vBulletin Copyright is at the bottom... I don't quite remember seeing it there before... The only other times I saw it was when AO had DB problems...

Developer Extraordinar
    Yep, it's vBulletin, but it comes with a price tag. I think you'd be better off with a free alternative, phpBB, as ric-o said.

it's for a company, so why not use vbUlletin?
    i think you'll get the monay back through your tax-system???

there are lots of hacks to make the forum look like you wanna
    the portal seems to be:
    Copyright 2003 Jupitermedia Corporation All Rights Reserved
    but do not know the right name
    Industry Kills Music.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    As others have said, This board is in fact run off of a VBulletin Engine. The VBulliten engine is completly opensource, although you still have to register and pay a licensing fee.

The source of VBulletin is completly customizable php. The "look" of the board can be changed to virtually anything you can imagine with the use of cascading style sheets. So if your in the market for a board of this type, be sure you get some experienced PHP and css coders in your company. It would also be good to get some database people so that if the need arose, you could directly edit the database at the server level.

There are many free alternatives, although the only one I trust for security is phpbb. You can get the latest one at www.phpbb.com .

I have allways liked YaBB, its Perl so its nice and easy to modify and a little more robust then the PHP bulitin boards (and you can't beat the price)
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

thanks all! I never expected such a response. I have looked into both options, not extensivly yet, but they both seem to be exactly what we need.

Thanks again!