Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disgruntled Employees. An Infosec Nightmare.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Variations on the phrase were rife and often used regarding the Officer Corps when I was in the mob......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Just a little reminder to those here who are responsible for the security of their corporate networks. No matter who you like, who you dislike, who you trust and who you don't trust they must all be treated with the equal amount of distrust.

Trust and security are mutually exclusive since you never _really_ know what is going on in the other person's head.
    I have seen 'trusted customers' try to exploit and abuse their user rights on company networks... collegue's notice strange activity and some seconds later you already know owww... it's coming from a 'trusted' network over a 'secured' line. Or people who are using a powerfull useraccount where they should not, with the risk of severe data damage...
    So basicly you have a very valid point.

Originally posted here by VictorKaum
    I have seen 'trusted customers' try to exploit and abuse their user rights on company networks...
    I have seen this as well. Sometimes it is necessary to give vendors remote access to the server(s) that run thier software so they may maintnenace the system. I have seen vendors delete logs so that it appears there are no issues when there are and other acts of napharius nature. One good thing to do is record all remote sessions.
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

One other point you might consider... DO NOT EVER sleep with an underling. If the relationship goes sour then WHAMMO!!

Just my $0.02 worth, I have seen this happen way too many times.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    DO NOT EVER sleep with an underling
    Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn.........

He was cute thought......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

An underling with Domain Admin rights maybe......
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.