I need help with Win2k

Thread: I need help with Win2k

Question I need help with Win2k

I'm not sure this is the right place to put this thread.

Problem: Win2K pro installation won't continue after files are copied for installation when box is restarted. I don't no why maybe some of you guys know about this?? I just want to upgrade from Win ME that came with the box.

The box is a Netvista PIII 1Ghz 384Mb Ram 30Gb HD

I have seen this exactly.

I know this will be a major inconvenience when it comes to the other end but you need to delete the contents of the windows folder and do a fresh install booting of the win2k CD.

Its a problem with the special boot features in ME.
    (Coupled with the fact that ME was possibly the worst OS ever written)

If you still have problems. Make a ME boot disk and then format the drive before you install 2k.

Remember: Windows ME to 2000 is not a MS supported upgrade path. (As discussed in this article)

Windows Me to Windows 2000 Upgrade Is Not Supported
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I have saved all my files and reformatted the HD but when it was finished installing everthing it freezes after it restart. Is there some thing I'm doing wrong??

Elite Hacker
    Make sure that if you were using a boot floppy you removed it before restarting. It also could be the cdrom in the cdrom tray, so you could try removing that also when restarting. Other than that, I guess it is just screwing up during the install process, and I would say, try it again.