Thread: Roots

Roots

If this site is to be , as was intended a security related site, I would suggest getting rid of everything apart from the security, and technology sections, and tuts of course. I would hope the true professionals,gifted amatuers, hobbyist's, and students would agree with this viewpoint, as everything else posted at present would appear to be a waste of bandwidth. e,g. non sensical thread. No doubt, I'll get negged from some quarters for this view

IMHO, it's all the other threads that make this a community... you don't have to read the non-sensical thread, or any other thread that has nothing to do with security. But it is those other threads where we gain insights into peoples personalities, and it makes them more like "people", than just a nickname.

There's lots of other security related forums...but they are rather dry, and not near as interesting as AO.

Originally posted here by groovicus
    IMHO, it's all the other threads that make this a community... you don't have to read the non-sensical thread, or any other thread that has nothing to do with security. But it is those other threads where we gain insights into peoples personalities, and it makes them more like "people", than just a nickname.

There's lots of other security related forums...but they are rather dry, and not near as interesting as AO.

Yes,I agree, the points you raise are valid, but why not, then just define this as a general computing site, or a computer community site

Banned
    Because it can be both, some people at AO never visit GCC or Tech Humor etc. as they arent interested, they visit the many security forums we have. Why not do the same, does a non sensical thread really bother you? Like really get to you that people are post whoring in some random thread? Think of all the other forums, plus the place would be dry without all these forums, trust me people help each other more the more they get to know each other, check out some of the IRC channels for examples of this.

I agree with Ennis - you can't have a site that consists purely of serious security forums, it'd be too boring and you would never build a community. GCC may seem like a bit of a waste when it gets inundated with random threads for post whores but it offers a break from the security discussions.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

GCC may seem like a bit of a waste when it gets inundated with random threads for post whores but it offers a break from the security discussions.
    Indeed, that's how we can spend the whole day here
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com