Phlak
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phlak

Phlak

has any one installed phlak to their hard drive? is it a good distro?
    ammon

Elite Hacker
    You sound like me when I first tried linux. Burning every distro in sight, yet none of the burns ever worked. Trust me on this, go to www.linuxcd.org and buy whatever distro you want. It will only be about 8 bucks, and boy is that the best 8 bucks I ever spent. I love my redhat 9 from linuxcd.org.

Banned
    hm. Or go to www.linuxiso.org every distro i downloaded worked: I downloaded Mandrake 8.1, Gentoo, FreeBSD, Suse and RedHat. As for P.H.L.A.K you don't have to install it you can boot off of the CD into it. I recommend that you try it out because you don't have to install it.

Developer Extraordinar
    From what Diemos says on IRC constantly, for a very early (0.01 or 0.1 or something) release, it is a very good distro, with lots of great tools, and not that large either, worth checking out.
    Come to UnError.com

The first time I downloaded phlak the ISO was screwed up, so make sure to check out the MD5 sums first unless you want a coaster, though hopefully by now the mirror with the bad ISO is fixed.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Wait on Phlak for the time being...
    1. The GUI/WM sucks (where's the flux at?)
    2. Doesn't work when trying to access Window's partions
    3. Overall just a really immature distro (version 0.1 anyone?)
    4. Why run Phlak when you could run Knoppix-STD?
    5. Why install Phlak on your harddrive when you could install Slackware? :-P

All in all, wait for Phlak to grow up a bit, I think its got some good potential.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

thank guys. the thing is i got phlack but i cant connect to the internet. i also burt redhat 9 but it gives me errors.... i think ill try to buy slackware or something
    ammon

Developer Extraordinar
    Why buy it when you can download it? ;-) Unless it's SuSE, which is a freaking pay distro. Alteast it doesn't cost much, and is worth the money.
    Come to UnError.com

I have never tried Knoppix-STD, but I like PHLAK. It is not perfect at this stage, but still fun to play around with.

-Cheers-

MicroBurn
    Why buy it when you can download it? ;-) Unless it's SuSE, which is a freaking pay distro. Alteast it doesn't cost much, and is worth the money.
    MicroBurn, SuSe can be obtaind free. i downloaded a bootable version it works great. here's a link.

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/
    Windows geht.net Enterprise Sever