Thread: Latest vuln. in XP and 2000?

Latest vuln. in XP and 2000?

Does anyone have any information on the latest windows vulnerability for XP and 2000 other than what is posted here? http://www.computerworld.com/securit...,87222,00.html
    This was the one attributed by "wirepair".

Let me know what you guys find out,
    Thanks
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

Just Another Geek
    Check the bugtraq archives. I've seen a couple of proof of concept codes being posted there.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thanks. Here is a more in depth reason as to why this is still a vulnerability in windows 2000.
    http://www.ntbugtraq.com/default.asp...&F=P&S=&P=3624
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

j3r.
    Thanks for the link. I can't believe I didn't think to look on insecure.org.

keeping up with the voulns for Windows is like playing unreal tournament with the hardest levels selected and using nothing but that stupid rock breaker.

Yeah. Some people earn a living doing such.

Originally posted here by fraggin
    Yeah. Some people earn a living doing such.
    Is that keeping up with MS vulns, or playing unreal tournament? It's just I know which I would rather be doing

But keeping a site based around MS OS up and running ( and relatively safe and secure ) is a major and ongoing task. We find it particularly problematic as we have a lot of old code/systems running, which are not necessarily compatible with patches/fixes ( even OS - we still run one or two W95 machines ).

As a software developer, I have often complained about being expected to produce application that are more reliable than the OS they are running on. Then you get a patch which breaks it ........

Patch it. Then you have to format. been there dude. I crashed an exchange server with a Technet CD once. That was before most people went to technet online because everyone was still using dialup connections.

Unreal for $$. I've heard of big purses for playing at counterstrike tourneys. That would prolly pay more than patching M$ sorry ass oversights.

If I could just get my hands on a couple of badgers and someone's key card to bills office suite I may be able to fix this whole vulnerability money making scheme..........